cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
amburrito123
Level: Powered On

NEW FORM HAS OLD DATA

This may be covered elsewhere, but I've been unable to find it.

I have created an app from a sharepoint list. I've done a few modifications on it, but for the most part, the app appears exactly how it was auto-created from within sharepoint (see 'sharepoint' image below). Unfortunately, when i am on the browse screen and click the 'new item' button (see 'new item' image below), the new record has old data from previous records in it. Anything I filled out in the previous saved record is still visible in the new record. I can't figure out how to make my forms reset upon submission. i even tried adding the restform action command uppon submssion. Nothing. Please send help.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: NEW FORM HAS OLD DATA

The ResetForm() only takes one parameter, so if you wanted to rest more than one form you would have to string them together with a semi colon..

ResetForm(EditForm1);ResetForm(EditForm2); ResetForm(EditForm3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

What is the formula in OnSelect of the new item icon?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
amburrito123

NewForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

Super User
Super User

When you open a new form and there are values from a previously selected item and you save the new item does it create a new item or does it update the previously selected item?

If it is creating a new item then you could try adding ResetForm() to the new item icon OnSelect formula.

ResetForm(EditForm1); NewForm(EditForm1);Navigate(EditScreen1, ScreenTransition.None)

amburrito123

EXCELLENT! That worked. I have multiple screens, each with their own form. How would i go about creating that code? would it be

ResetForm(EditForm1,EditForm2,....etc) or would it be all seperate commands, such as: ResetForm(EditForm1);ResetForm(EditForm2) ?

Also, thank you so much for setting me on the right track.

Super User
Super User

The ResetForm() only takes one parameter, so if you wanted to rest more than one form you would have to string them together with a semi colon..

ResetForm(EditForm1);ResetForm(EditForm2); ResetForm(EditForm3)

amburrito123

Yes!! this is exactly what i needed! Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 68 members 4,483 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: