cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rkaur
Level: Powered On

Navigating to screen is not smooth. shows previous screen for a flicker of second

Hi,

i have  Browse gallery and as any item is selected, im navigatin to a different screen. However, the transition is not clear or smooth even though my ON select property says -Navigate(detailsscreen2, None)

It shows previous browse gallery screen for a flicker of second after we have navigated to the details screen. this causes a poor user experience.

Can someone help what could be causing it.

i do have some global variables being set on the item selection along with screen navigation.

How can i make the transition smooth with the global variables being set and navigating to different screen in case this could be causing it, not sure?

attachin the screenshot which i could take after so many attempts

screen lag.png

7 REPLIES 7
shailendra74
Level 8

Re: Navigating to screen is not smooth. shows previous screen for a flicker of second

Hi @Rkaur 

are you fetching huge data onVisible of next screen, which is taking time to load the screen.

Thanks.

Rkaur

Re: Navigating to screen is not smooth. shows previous screen for a flicker of second

HI,

actually yes, i have put 1 Refresh(<datasource>) statement Onvisble property of my second screen.

shailendra74
Level 8

Hi @Rkaur 

Why do you want to refresh datasource every time you nagivate to screen. Instead Refresh on demand by placing an Reload icon and onSelect Refresh.

Screenshot 2019-07-27 at 12.53.40 pm.png

Also worth going through below link on performance

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/performance-considerations-with-powerapps/

Thanks.

Rkaur

Hi, 

i removed my refresh statement from OnVisibile property of second screen even after that i see the same behavior. And jus to bring up my datasource being refreshed had just 30 records.

Is there somewhere else too i can check ?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Rkaur 

If you are flickering the previous edit screen, the problem may simply be the order of your Navigate() and EditForm() or NewForm() commands.  Try putting the EditForm() function first and then the Navigate() function in your OnSelect property of your icon or button.  That way the form will be set up properly before you navigate to it.

Palani

Hi,

There are a few transition options available for Navigate function when you are trying to navigate to other screens. Check out the below link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-navigate#navigate

Regards,
Palani Babu
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rkaur ,

I've made a similar test but not met the same problem like your description.

Please try to clean your browser's cache and update your browser to the latest version.

Maybe try other browers will not meet this problem.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 116 members 4,639 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: