cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office365Users.Manager failed with status code 404

Hello Team,

I am using Office365 connection in my powerapps to identify the manager of a user. The formula to do so is Office365Users.Manager(Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail).DisplayName. 

Mentioned formula is found to be working for certain users but is throwing an error for a few. The error is "Office365Users.Manager Connection failed with status 404".

As a workaround I used Office365Users.Manager(Text(Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail)).DisplayName, but it too throws the same error. How could this be resolved, given that it returns success for some users and fails for another set. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Office365Users.Manager failed with status code 404

@v-xida-msft, Thanks for your response. I would share the error message creating the test scenario. As of now, I am able to fix this problem by using the formula Office365Users.ManagerV2(Text(Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail)).displayName

I just gave an attempt to Office365Users.ManagerV2 which used to get listed in the suggestions. I am no more facing the error using this V2 function.

5 REPLIES 5
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@ashay-maheshwar

This is a known error, see https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/The-service-returned-an-error-Office365Users-... last comment from @Audrie-MSFT.

The connector gives back a 404 respons, which means it can't return a respons. You can't catch this errors on this moment and probably the connector should be altered to return an empty result instead off the 404 respons.

Hope this helps.

Paul

@KroonOfficeSol, thanks for your response. 

I read the link you shared before raising again to community. 

My concern is that the user for whom I am trying to fetch Manager information has a manager. 

For example, AD says, User1, User2, User3, User4, User5 all have their own respective manager. 

But it throws 404 for User1 and User3. 

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ashay-maheshwar,

Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:6.JPG

Set the Text property of the Label control to following:

Office365Users.Manager(User().Email).DisplayName

Or

Office365Users.Manager(Office365Users.MyProfile().Id).DisplayName

I suppose that you have faced a "No manager found for the specified user" error with the formula in your app, is it true?

The "No manager found for the specified user" error happens when the user does not have a manager configured in AAD (Azure Active Directory). Please check if there is one manager configured already in your AAD for the users who faced this issue.

More details about configuring an manager for a specific user in AAD, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/active-directory-users-profile-...

Please also check if the manager you configured for the users (who faced this issue) in your AAD is invalid. In other words, please check if the manager you configured for the users (who faced this issue) is existed in your AAD and in Active state.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-configure a manager for the users (who faced this issue) in your AAD, then create a new connection to Office 365 Users connector and try your formula again within your app, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-xida-msft, Thanks for your response. I would share the error message creating the test scenario. As of now, I am able to fix this problem by using the formula Office365Users.ManagerV2(Text(Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail)).displayName

I just gave an attempt to Office365Users.ManagerV2 which used to get listed in the suggestions. I am no more facing the error using this V2 function.

psmith1117
Level: Power Up

The suggested solution worjed for me. Thanks