cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MCesarz
Level: Powered On

OnChange for Cascading Combo Boxes Not Working

Have an application that has a series of five cascading combo boxes. Each has an OnChange value that checks if the user has submitted an "Other" type item from that combobox/list, then sets the value of a toggle to true. Same configuration for each combobox, but only the first combo box triggers the toggle correctly. 

Example:

ComboBox(OnChange): If("Other /" in CmboBx_1.Selected.OptionText, NeedInfoToggle.Value=true, NeedInfoToggle.Value=false)

Is ths a bug or am I not approaching this right? Should I instead set the toggle value based on "Other" in the five comboboxes? If so, for what toggle value would I set that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: OnChange for Cascading Combo Boxes Not Working

Hi @MCesarz,

Is "Other /" part of the text in options in combo box? If so, you shouldn't put the formula in OnChange property of combo box. You should set below formula in the Default property of the Toggle control.

If("Other /" in CmboBx_1.Selected.Value,true,false)

I just tested with this and this works for me.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MCesarz,

Is "Other /" part of the text in options in combo box? If so, you shouldn't put the formula in OnChange property of combo box. You should set below formula in the Default property of the Toggle control.

If("Other /" in CmboBx_1.Selected.Value,true,false)

I just tested with this and this works for me.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MCesarz
Level: Powered On

Mona,

I also ended up trying that on the toggle control (and removed triggers from the comboboxes) and yes, it did work. Thanks.