Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Willemijn
Level 8

One App with multiple forms or Seperate Apps

Hello, 

I am creating a checklist in powerapps. The data will be saved to a SharePoint list. This is one of multiple (around 10) checklistforms each one with its own SharePoint List as datasource. 

What would be the best practice? Creat one app with a 'home screen' where you select the checklist at once. Or create seperate apps per checklist? I have read different things about this but it's not totally clear to me what's the best way. For performance reasons, in combination with user friendlyness :-)

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
powerdiver
Level 8

Re: One App with multiple forms or Seperate Apps

Scrolling a list is fine, Scrolling a form is painfull and cumbersome.

Try to avoid when possible, but on the other hand, working with a single form eases the update process a single step. No easy answer here, sorry!

6 REPLIES 6
powerdiver
Level 8

Here's my 2 cents

If it's the same user base and the checklists are for the same 'kind' of tasks, I would use a single app with multiple forms. On performance level, if I process multiple checklists in the day and for example I leave the app open then I don't get the load process everytime I change to a different checklist.

Willemijn
Level 8

Thanks for your quick reply!

I don't know yet if its the same user base. Will check that. 

My consern is that the app becomes very big in amount of forms, and to maintain it it would be very unclear. Or do you have a different experience? 

powerdiver
Level 8

Having multiple forms is not that troublesome if you've named them (and your components, objects, variables) in a distinct matter. Keep in mind that Apps are there to ease your users in their tasks, so wear their shoes for one day and see if having to scroll through the list of (multiple) apps and then opening them (separatly) is more efficient than having a navigation embedded in a single (or a few 'focused' ones) app.

Try it, if it ain't the way where you get high level of user adoption, change it... that's the beauty of those apps, it's easy to adapt ;-)

Willemijn
Level 8

Ok thanks! Will try that. 

And maybe you have advise for me on this one too; it's a checklist with around 15 questions and some fields for comments. One page with scrolling, or multiple pages (so multiple screens?)? Mostly in question for use on mobile phone. 

(and does this change the answer on one app or multiple?)

powerdiver
Level 8

Try to avoid when possible, but on the other hand, working with a single form eases the update process a single step. No easy answer here, sorry ;-)

powerdiver
Level 8

Try to avoid when possible, but on the other hand, working with a single form eases the update process a single step. No easy answer here, sorry!