This is the way my forms are setup:

Main Menu

Company List

Company Detail

Invoice List

Invoice Detail

Invoice Items

I'm very new to this.

I'm all set up to Invoice List. I can't figure out how to open a list of invoices assinged to a specific customer. In access, there is a feature to link based on a common value or I can use a query. In PowerApps, I don't see a way to limit the invoice list to only the specified customer. I'll need to do this throughout the app.

Thanks!

Jason

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Open List form from Single Form

Hi @Kaloyanides,

Could you please share a bit more about the Company List and Invoice List that you mentioned?

Do you want to display a list of invoices assigned to a specific customer within your Invoice List Screen?

I assume that there is a CustomerEmail column within your Invoice list to specify which customer this Invoice is assigned to. In addition, I suppose that you want to use a Gallery to display your Invoices list, is it true?

If you only want to open a list of invoices assigned to a specific customer, I think a Filter function could achieve your needs. Please take a try to set the Items property of the Gallery control to the following formula:

Filter(InvoicesList,CustomerEmail="Test1@xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.com")

Note: The Test1@xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.com represents the email address of the specific Customer. In addition, you could also filter these invoices based on other identity properties of the specific Customer, such as,  Name, Customer Id,etc.

More details about the Filter function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Filter functions in PowerApps

Please check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/Filter-SharePoint-DataSource-by-Author/td-p/1077...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Kaloyanides
Level: Powered On

Hi v-xida,

I just saw your response a while ago and played around with it but can't seem to get it to work. I think the problem lies in the link between the two forms.

This is what I tried:

Filter(tblSalesInvoiceHeaders,InvoiceHeaderCustomer="companynum")

CompanyNum is the customer number on the Customer Detail form. The form that containes the button to open the list of invoices form. It seems okay to filter InvoiceHeaderCustomer but it doesn't see CompanyNum. I'm think there has to be a way to point CompanyNum to the open Customer Detail form to limit the list?

Thanks again for taking the time...

Kaloyanides

Hi v-xida,

I just saw your response a while ago and played around with it but can't seem to get it to work. I think the problem lies in the link between the two forms.

This is what I tried:

Filter(tblSalesInvoiceHeaders,InvoiceHeaderCustomer="companynum")

CompanyNum is the customer number on the Customer Detail form. The form that containes the button to open the list of invoices form. It seems okay to filter InvoiceHeaderCustomer but it doesn't see CompanyNum. I'm think there has to be a way to point CompanyNum to the open Customer Detail form to limit the list?

Thanks again for taking the time...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Kaloyanides,

Does the InvoiceHeaderCustomer column store the custom number (CompanyNum) within the tblSalesInvoiceHeaders data source?

If you want to filter Invoices List based on the CompanyNum (Custom number) on Customer Detail form, you must make sure that there is a column (e.g. InvoiceHeaderCustomer) to store the Customer number (Company number) within your Invoices List.

As the formula that you provided, you should make sure that the InvoiceHeaderCustomer column has stored the customer number on the Customer Detail form. Please check if the InvoiceHeaderCustomer column has stored the customer number (CompanyNum).

I assume that there is a column called CustomerNumber in your Invoices List, this column is used to store the Customer Number on the Customer Detail form. Please take a try with the following formula:

Filter(tblSalesInvoiceHeaders,CustomerNumber="companynum")

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Kaloyanides

Thanks for helping... Really... Struggling badly with something that I feel should be a simple thing - navigating between forms.

Anyway, I was able to get it to work using: Filter(tblSalesInvoiceHeaders,InvoiceHeaderCustomer=DataCardValue4.Text)

That went from a single form (single record) to a list form. 

Now I'm trying to go from a list form to another list form. I want to be able to select the invoice in the list of invoices associated with the customer and display all of the items on the invoice.

tblSalesInvoiceHeaders 'Table containing the invoice header information (have this displaying properlly now in list form)

tblSalesInvoiceItems 'Table containing the products within the invoice. 

Invoice Number (short text)

Header = InvoiceHeaderNum

Detail = InvoiceItemHeader

I attached a couple pics - not sure if helpful. 

Thx again.

Kaloyanides

If I do: Filter(tblSalesInvoiceItems,InvoiceItemHeader="1031")

And specify an invoice number - it works.

The field in the Invoice Header List that containes the invoice number is subtitle2

Can you not point to a subtitle type field as reference? I'm pointing to a datacard when going from the customer detail form to the list of invoices form. I can't seem to do it from the list of invoices to the invoice detail.

Thanks,

Jason

Highlighted
Kaloyanides

As amazing as this may be, I'm still struggling to simply open a list form from a single form and display records based on the single form. I would expect this to be a simple thing... What has worked for me up until this point is no longer working.

I go from single form to list form using, Navigate(InvoiceList, ScreenTransition.Fade) and Sort(Filter(tblSalesInvoiceHeaders,InvoiceHeaderCustomer=DataCardValue4.Text),InvoiceHeaderShipDate, Descending). 

Then I go from List form to Single form using, Navigate(InvoiceDetailScreen,ScreenTransition.None) and - Data Source: tblSalesInvoiceHeaders and Item: BrowseGallery1.Selected.

Now I'm trying to go from Single form (invoice header detail) to a list of the items on the invoice (data table).

Like I said, what has worked before is not working for me. I don't understand "Collections." Is that what I need to do? Is there not an easy way to filter the tblSalesInvoiceItems sharepoint list based on the Invoice Number in the InvoiceDetailScreen?

Thanks!