cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
arpan_mehetre
Level: Powered On

Pick "Title" text from Browse screen and add it as default to Form screen dropdown

I am creating an app with 3 screens -

1. Home screen - normal text based screen with two buttons -
    1. View All - All Records Gallery. The items for this gallery are coming from SP List1
    2. FormScreen - Form which submits data into SP List2
  2. ViewAll Screen - This contains gallery with Title, Subtitle, Body and Navigation arrow. Data for this gallery is coming from SP List2. Clicking on the arrow should navigate to FormScreen
  3. FormScreen - This has data source as SP List2

I wanted to pass "Title" value from ViewAll screen and set it as default for dropdown on FormScreen once I click on the Navigate arrow.

I do not have EditScreen/EditForm. If I directly come from HomeScreen to the FormScreen the form should open in new mode with no defaults set for the dropdown but if I am coming from ViewAll screen to the FormScreen then it should pick up the Title value and set it as a default for one of the dropdown control on FormScreen.

So far I have tried setting the global variables but no luck -

Navigate(FormScreen, transition.fade, {myValue:ThisItem.Title})

To debug this issue I added a temporary text input on the FormScreen and have set its Text property to myValue and it works fine but with dropdown it is not showing anything.

Please help!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
arpan_mehetre

Re: Pick "Title" text from Browse screen and add it as default to Form screen dropdown

This is resolved now.

I have used Set() -

HomeScreen - Set(myValue, " ")

ViewAllScreen - Set(myValue, ThisItem.Title)

FormScreen - Dropdown.Default = myValue

1 REPLY 1
arpan_mehetre

Re: Pick "Title" text from Browse screen and add it as default to Form screen dropdown

This is resolved now.

I have used Set() -

HomeScreen - Set(myValue, " ")

ViewAllScreen - Set(myValue, ThisItem.Title)

FormScreen - Dropdown.Default = myValue