cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanderson82
Level: Powered On

Populate document library template from powerapps

Hi

I'm currently created an app to replace a paper check sheet form in a manufacturing environment.

I have created a screen to capture all the relevant fields.  On submit, I would like to store this in a document library which once submitted creates a word document based on a template with all the fields populated from the responses in powerapps.

I would also like to be able to search and view the word documents from within the same app.

I'm guessing this can be achieved with a document library and content types but I have had no exposure to this.

Many thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sanderson82

Re: Populate document library template from powerapps

@v-yuxima-msft I've managed to achieve it using information on the following link

http://www.sharepointcorridor.com/2018/05/generate-word-document-from-sharepoint.html

- User enters data on Powerapps and patched to sharepoint list

- When new item is created on SP list flow is triggered to create a new file on the DocLib populated with data from SP list

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sanderson82 

Do you want to populate a word doc (in your SP library) with the form data filled via the users within PowerApps?

If you want to populate a word doc (in your SP library) with the form data filled via the users within PowerApps, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solutoin, you could consider take a try to pass the form data from your app to a flow, and then create a word doc file within your SP library using the flow, and then send an email to your team with the new created file.

More details about trigger a flow from an app, please check the following article:

Trigger a flow from an app

More information:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDnd6QWBim8

Best Regards.

Yumia

sanderson82

Hi @v-yuxima-msft thanks for your reply.

I've seen some video's on populating a word document template in a document library based on a new item created in a SP list.  Based on that I was hoping to patch my custom fields to a SP list which would then trigger a flow to create the doc lib item and populate the word doc with metadata?

Creating the word doc "on the fly" one time and e-mailing it  would be of no use in my scenario.  I would also have 2 different word document template types.  Again my hope was to have this set in a field so flow would know which DocLib template to use

sanderson82

@v-yuxima-msft I've managed to achieve it using information on the following link

http://www.sharepointcorridor.com/2018/05/generate-word-document-from-sharepoint.html

- User enters data on Powerapps and patched to sharepoint list

- When new item is created on SP list flow is triggered to create a new file on the DocLib populated with data from SP list

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 272 members 5,317 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: