cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Langemyr
Level: Powered On

Post form without access

I have a list under HR department that handles incidents that are sensitive.. I want employees to be able to report with a powerapp form without risking sharing sensitive information..

No one have access to the HR site except the HR people

I understand this is posible with a Nintex form, that kan post form without access to the list. but i dont want to by expensive license..

Any suggestions how to solve this?.

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Post form without access

Hi @Langemyr,

Do you want users to see only the fields they need to fill out on a form?

Please consider setting the visible property of the fields with the function likes below which will show or hide the Days field based on the department info of the user.

If(Office365Users.UserProfile(User().Email).Department="salesdepartment",true,false)

1.PNG

Please take it for a reference and try it on your side.

Best regards,

Mabel

o365masters
Level: Powered On

Re: Post form without access

Filtering the list in PowerApps based on say the department a user would pose a risk as your users could potentially through SharePoint navigate to the list and see all the content in that list. Similarly other users’ information could equally be exposed by Search in Office 365.

The best way to secure the data is to secure it where that content is stored, i.e. lock down the permissions in SharePoint for that particular list.

In SharePoint you can configure the list settings such that users can only view list items they created in List Settings -> Advanced Settings (stand to be corrected).

You can equally assign higher level of access permissions to the users in say HR who should be able to see everything, i.e. not only their own items they may create, but items created by all users.