Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
opticshrew2
Level: Powered On

PowerApp Variables

Hi all,

I have a gallery with a series of items. When selecting an item in the gallery we use the following function:

Set(SelectedRecord,ThisItem)

When we develop we do so in a seperate PowerApp (PowerApp Test). When we select the record and go through to the next page all the fields populate accordingly. The code for this looks like the below:

SelectedRecord.Information

This works in PowerApp Test during development and when I go to play also works. I then export the PowerApp and re-import into PowerApp Live.

Now I have two PowerApps, when I gointo PowerApp Live (Development) everything works as expected. However when I play the app the fields aren't populated.

Any ideas on why this is occuring?

Thanks,

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
opticshrew2

Re: PowerApp Variables

Hi @RezaDorrani,

The datasource is an Azure SQL Database table. These sit in the same PowerApps environment.

The table is system versioned. When I first set the SelectedRecord variable I use the main table however when a re-set the SelectedRecord variable I use the history table. Although the data appears to be saved correctly I feel PowerApps has a bit of a paddy and doesn't know how to process it. Maybe because there are two additional columns.

Instead I now have SelectedRecord and SelectedHistoryRecord and change between the two as and when needed. This appears to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Jay

2 REPLIES 2
RezaDorrani
Level 10

Hi @opticshrew2 

What is the data source of the gallery?

By the looks of it you are using 2 different environments. is this true?

opticshrew2

Hi @RezaDorrani,

The datasource is an Azure SQL Database table. These sit in the same PowerApps environment.

The table is system versioned. When I first set the SelectedRecord variable I use the main table however when a re-set the SelectedRecord variable I use the history table. Although the data appears to be saved correctly I feel PowerApps has a bit of a paddy and doesn't know how to process it. Maybe because there are two additional columns.

Instead I now have SelectedRecord and SelectedHistoryRecord and change between the two as and when needed. This appears to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 122 members 4,201 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: