cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_castillo
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Digital Signature to Sharepoint List

Hi there,

I noticed most of the digital signature questions here are outdated, so I would like to ask this here:

My scenario is I just need one digital signature (not a set of images) to be saved to a specific SharePoint record. My questions:

- What datatype in SharePoint should I use? Should it be a picture/hyperlink?

- How can I send the data from PowerApps to SharePoint for that record?

One of the processes I'm automating is that the users need to sign it off before submitting their records (do not worry about the SharePoint list being edited; there are workarounds we've planned for this). We just need this done and saved to a record.

Hoping someone can help me out, thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Digital Signature to Sharepoint List

Hi @david_castillo,

Do you want to save a Digital Signature into your SP list?

The user @msmith has faced same needs with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Save-Signature-to-SharePoint-List/td-p/76661

For your first question, if you want to save your Digital Signature into your SP list item, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. 

The URL the Pen input control captured as below (same output result as the Add picture control):

appres://blobmanager/899e173585554dfca6eb38b373599f3b/20

which could not saved within Picture/Hyperlink type column.

For your second question, currently, there is no way to save a digital signature (captured via the Pen Input control) into SP list item within PowerApps.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to save your digital signature as image file into a SP library, and then within your SP list, add a column to store the link to the image file (digital signature) stored within your SP library.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

http://repointtechnologies.com/saving-images-from-powerapps-to-sharepoint/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
rockonron

riggHi,

I have been playing with this for a couple of weeks now and it is super frustrating that there is not an out of the box solution to this. Why are pen inputs treated differently to images.

Anyway, i have been able to get it to work in a clunky kind of way.

It consist of 2 flows

Flow 1 - Triggered form PowerApps, Send an email to an O365 mailbox, Set attachment to peninput.image set subject to last ID in your sharepoint list.

This will send an email to the specified account with an attachment of your peninput, which you can open fine and see as an image.

Next step is to build a flow to look at that inbox and when a new item arrives, take the attachment and save it in your sharepoint list (Add an Attachment Flow) against the ID mentioned in the subject line of the email.

This will give you an image file of your signature against a sharepoint item, there is a slight delay in the signature coming in as flow has to wait for the email to arrive before adding it.

Its a bit clunky, but in my testing so far it seems to work reliably. I am rolling the app out to a wider group of people this week, so i will see how things work in a real world environment.

david_castillo

Thanks, @rockonron, appreciate it, will try that this week!

david_castillo

Hi @v-xida-msft

Will try this one as well, thanks!

srivatsa

Hi, Do we have working copy or steps available to follow. Regards Sri
rockonron

I will pull together our process and post here, although this maybe next week before i can get to it.

PistolPL
Level: Power Up

RockOnRon,
any chance to put together instructions on this yet?

trohe93
Level: Power Up

Hey Ron

@rockonron Thanks so much for all of your detailed outlines, by chance have you been able to finalize the Flow that allows a user to save that pen input.?If so any insight or a snippet of the flow coding would be amazing. Thanks so much

Super User
Super User

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-images-pictures-audio-video

This one where they put the pen input into excel works good. I just haven't decided what would be good to do with it after that..lol.

I have seen some references to Microsoft adding the ability to put this in as an attachment which is why I put the work arounds to the back burner for now. I can make it view great in PowerApps and can email the signature fine too but I would like it to save as an image on my SharePoint list item in the attachments column. I have a few work arounds but none I like yet.