cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
luvsql
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Newbie - Unable to create more than one custom form

My apologies for my ignorance but just started testing these and cannot figure out the basic stuff at the beginning.  I simply want one list for ALL of our fillable forms listed say 5 of them.  I've created a list and then PowerApps then Customize forms.  The initial confusion to a new user is why it's saying customize forms as I have not yet created one.  Whatever.  Kept going and created one.  I published it to my List but when I went to my list, nothing was "listed" so in lies my complete confusion as to why a form I created doesnt' how in my list.  If I click on New it opens my form but why would we go to New as New to most users means create a NEW item on teh list. 

I deleted that one then New Item to create a list item.  Then I created a basic form publsied it.  Now when I click on the list item I created (so the user can see the title of my form) it opens.  HOWEVER, now I can't add a new Item to my List.  New > just opens the form, which doesn't make sense.  As a user, I'm trtying to simply find a list of all our forms and fill one out but having to use New is confusing and by my testing, I have to create one NEW list of every form??

I can figure out creating the forms but don't understand the basic linking of a "form" to a "list item" as I want them all 'listed."

Old school way and so easy:  Create 5 forms in Adobe Acrobat Pro, copy pdfs to a library in SharePoint, done.  However, I'd like to use Microsoft.

If I go to my "List Settings" there is an option General called "Form Settings."  This is what's making this so confusing.  I am on a list, which is supposed to list items, but there is a SINGLE form setting for teh entier list.  A list <> Form so I'm missing something big, but hope it's so simple.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Newbie - Unable to create more than one custom form

If I understand you correctly, You are currently working with the SharePoint List custom forms, for a better understsading, please first go through the following article:

Customize a SharePoint list form using PowerApps

Which should help you figure out how the custom form works in SharePoint list.

Further, check the following blgo for how to create seperate forms:

SharePoint custom forms:Build seperate forms to create, show or edit the list item

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
luvsql

Yes I've used that article plus others.  What the article is missing is how to get each of those Service Request "items" to open different forms.  Untitled.png

luvsql

Here is my confusion.  Say I want to have 3 forms that users can enter their data into and sbumit.  There is NO datasource becuase the user is the one entering the data on teh form.  Say I want 1 x Vendor Creation Request Form, 1 x Customer Creation Request Form, 1 x New Employee Form.  I want a SINGLE list in SP to have all 3 of these "listed." From what I can see, 1 list in SP can only have 1 form, which to me defeats the whole poit of a LIST since a list is usually more than 1 item.

It looks like I have to create 3 separate lists and have 1 form on each.  Seems illogical to me as this is a lot of extra administration and lots of screen reality used but not needed.  

luvsql

The other confusion is that I don't want a form to edit or change the list items.  I want the LIST ITEMS to display all of my forms, which will never update Sharepoint and are being used to email form data to users.