cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

PowerApps and Dynamics 365 Business Unit Security

I would like to create a PowerApp for Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement that is for a specific business unit of people. 

So for each business unit they would have their own PowerApp. Can I limit the app to a specific business unit within one instance? 

Thanks Anne 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps and Dynamics 365 Business Unit Security

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please explain a bit for the "a specific business unit of people" here?

PowerApps Environment and Dynamics 365 customer engagement instance now should be the same, which means if an Environment created in PowerApps, then a corresponding instance would appear in Dynamics 365 Admin center.

If here you would like to have the App created within one instance, then please consider just holding them into one Environment.

For Environment management, see:

Environment Admin

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Crmlady
Level: Power Up

Re: PowerApps and Dynamics 365 Business Unit Security

Within the Dynamics 365 database of one instance we have many business units that divide the data. In each BU we might have the same security role names and as such I am wondering if a Dynamics 365 "powerapp" can be associated to a business unit without having to define a unique set of security role names per set of people per BU

My understanding is that, as of today, the app created with the instance can be limited to only being seen by certain security roles, but not to a set of users in one business unit or bu tree.

Does that help?
Dynamics 365 has incredible application security so wondering how that is aligning.

Cheers
Anne Stanton