cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajarac
Level 8

Re: PowerApps doesn't support images from SharePoint lists

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

That is the idea, and I hope the way to implement that idea is easier an simple as insert a camera control. Unfortunatelly no all of the users are experts. 

But I think you get the whole point and the solution here.

We have been waiting for MS to fix this issue.

seanbrogan
Level: Powered On

Well I got mine working.

Rather than use the image control to add pictures to a gallery, then trying to upload that gallery to sharepoint. I have created a form with sharepoint as the datasource, and only a visible attachment box. I then have a gallery at the top of the page that displays the attachments as images. This allows the user to see a preview of what images are being sent to sharepoint before hitting submit form.

https://wonderlaura.com/2018/08/23/powerapps-gallery-of-attachments/

Anorakman

Don't know if this is news or not, but this solution worked for me.  I can take photos using the camera in mobile devices, save them to sharepoint and display them back in the powerapp on the device:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QeOILfo1Bw&feature=youtu.be 

Highlighted
seanbrogan

Thanks @Anorakman

I had that working myself. The difficulty is that PowerApps seems to hande photos taken inside the app using the camera control, in a different way to images taken outside the app, then loaded into the app using the add image control. (And the pen input tool)

I managed to find a workaround using attachments, but now I need to make the same thing work for the pen control. I really dont want to have to ask a user to take a screenshot of their signature then add it as an attachment.