cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brentless
Level 8

PowerApps on a Document Library?

I'd like to customize the properties panel for documents in a modern document library.

Can PowerApps be used to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps on a Document Library?

Hi @Brentless,

I am afraid currently it is not available.

For a SharePoint list, to build a custom form, we need to click the Custom tab under the command bar.

While for a library, there is no option available for that part.

The functionality for SharePoint Library is on the backlog of the product team.

See response from Staff Ankit Saraf:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/custom-form-launch/

11.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
24 REPLIES 24
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Brentless,

I am afraid currently it is not available.

For a SharePoint list, to build a custom form, we need to click the Custom tab under the command bar.

While for a library, there is no option available for that part.

The functionality for SharePoint Library is on the backlog of the product team.

See response from Staff Ankit Saraf:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/custom-form-launch/

11.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DDharmawan
Level: Powered On

Is there an ETA for this feature? 

joef

I would like to know that as well!!  

I need to setup a PA on a document library to cascade three required columns in my library.

purandhar
Level: Power Up

Hi power apps Team.

Is it possible to create custome form for sharepoint document library.

I think the currently that feature is not availble in market right .

When you are going to relase that feature in power apps .

Thanks

Purandhar

dimi
Level 10

THIS article says it is possible to do so but i can't get it working, it can not find the Library name hence it doesn't build the App.

Any alternatives or suggestions to list files from a SharePoint Document Library?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:

Got it to work by creating a new library instead of using a test library (which has porbably been messed with to much) and it works as explained Smiley Tongue

dbpiatt

I started down this path but PA is also missing a file chooser that works with a document library.  I followed some posts I saw about passing the doc to Flow but doing that seemed messy.

I did a POC following another promising POST where I captured the docs in a PA-tailored staging list and had a Flow moving them straight away into a Library and then deleting from the staging list.  This was looking really good, but then I was faced with a poor Edit experience on the doc library item.

Although the PA/Flow integration with SharePoint Online seems like a great direction, it's just half-baked for now until basic capabilities like this are there.  Once again, is there an ETA for being able to tailor the New/Edit form for a doc library item?

IMDEcolab

No. However:

You can use Visual Studio to create an add-in that functionally is a custom DIP.

Or, you can create a PowerApp, completely separate from the document library, that updates the properties of documents by treating them as items in a list.

Or, you can use complex VBA to manipulate the document properties with a userform or with form fields placed inside the body of the document.

dbpiatt

Thanks for the suggestions.  Right now, we're leaning toward either SPFx or a full PowerApps UI to add/edit the library item metadata.  We'll probably decide in the next month and get it done.  However, the "easy button" we all need is to be able to tailor the view with PowerApps from within the library like we can with lists.

asdfaf4

Why is Microsoft not updating this thead? This is such an important feature for document driven processes, I can't believe document libraries (along with all the metadata columns) are not native and full featured as a data source in PowersApps by now Smiley Sad