cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimi
Level 10

Re: PowerApps on a Document Library?

What do you mean, it is possible to use document libraries in PowerApps, have a look at my comment above.

Kind regards

Murderbot
Level: Powered On

@dimi wrote:

THIS article says it is possible to do so

This worked for me as well.  Thanks!

JoeFox79

I can't seem to be able to create a PowerApp based on a document library at all. I always get the message 'Error creating app from data'. Cannot read property 'tableName' of undefined.

I've tried this with several different site collections, each with a new document library that is created purely for testing this, so no columns other than the default ones. It's infuriating because it appears that some have success whilst others don't.  

I wonder if it's anything to do with licenses, permissions, site collection template, etc. 

So far I've not worked it out so hoping someone can assist.

dimi
Level 10

@JoeFox79

You can use Flows actions or triggers on a library using the guid of the library (TIP: click on library settings and guid shows up in url address bar) in flow, click custom value and enter the guid 😎

Let me know if that worked for you 😉
Mira_Ghaly

But have someone been able to edit the properties or just view 

Murderbot

@Mira_Ghaly wrote:

But have someone been able to edit the properties or just view 

I am able to use Powerapps on a SP document library and edit any/all properties on the documents.

JainAbhishek

Could you please let us know How to do that.

Is there any update I have initiate at Tenant level, because I'm not getting "Custiomize" option for library in my tenant.

For list

CustomizeListPowerApps.png

For Library:

LibraryPropertiesPanel.png

Mira_Ghaly

Hi @JainAbhishek ,

You can't do it directly through sharepoint , however you can go to powerapps and add a datasource and from there you can see your document libraries.

Hope this could help!

dimi
Level 10

@JainAbhishek 

You can connect a library using the guid of the library (TIP: click on library settings and guid shows up in url address bar) in PowerApps => View => Data sources =>  click custom value and enter the guid 😎

Let me know if that worked for you 😉

JainAbhishek

Thak You,

All list and library is appearing.