cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PowerApping
Level: Powered On

PowerApps submitting to SP list dropping attachment if user clicks on Submit button in PowerApps too fast

I have PowerApps submitting to a SP list and if the user clicks the Submit button too fast after attaching a larger file (over 2MB), PowerApps drops the file submitting to SharePoint. This has happened 7x out of 458 submissions.

• I have attachments set to required in PowerApps (only 1 attachment at max size of 4MB is allowed)
  • I have JS that will spit out an error if you try to submit through SharePoint directly w/o an attachment
  • If user has a larger file (over 2MB) and clicks really fast to submit in PowerApps, the resulting SharePoint submission won't have an attachment

I'm trying a workaround where there is a delay showing the Submit button, however, I only want it for files over 1MB. Is there an attachment size property I can use for my if statement? Can anyone help w/ fixing root cause?

Below is what I have for the OnAddFile property and underlined is not working:

If(Edit_Attachments_DataCardValue.Size < 1, UpdateContext({VisibleCheck: true, VisibleTimer: false, StartTimer: false}), UpdateContext({VisibleCheck: false, VisibleTimer: true, StartTimer: true}))

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Re: PowerApps submitting to SP list dropping attachment if user clicks on Submit button in PowerApps too fast

If that's an issue I would suggest using a flow. That might work better as any time outs would be handed off to flow.

Give it a go and let us know if it worked.