cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gaëlle
Level 8

Powerapps : error messages language and DatePicker control calendar buttons language

Hello there,

Working gratefully with DatePicker control, and with its well known issues (like the Calendar color's which can't be personnalized - but this is planned, thanks to PowerApps Teams!).

I have created an application using a french account. I want my application to be full english.

But I can't really figure out how to make some texts english :

1. How to make Placeholder text be in English ?
  2. How to change Error messages language (these ones appears after hitting the button which performs a Submit)?
  3. On quite the same subject as the "required" error message, I have the same text in a header with red background on top of the app. How do I change the language of this text ?
  4. How to change DatePicker's Calendar buttons language (knowing that I've set the DatePicker's datacard "Language" property to "en-GB") ?

See the screenshots below to see what i'm talking about.

Is it a property or a global application setting I could use to make it an english speaking app overall ?

Is it depending on the O365 account creating the app, or the language set by the user of the app in its O365 account ?

Or is it set via the language setting of the internet browser ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Powerapps : error messages language and DatePicker control calendar buttons language

Hi @Gaëlle,

What is your current situation?

To build PowerApps with Multiple languages, please check to see if the following blog would help:

Building multilingual apps in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Gaëlle
Level 8

Re: Powerapps : error messages language and DatePicker control calendar buttons language

Hello @v-micsh-msft,

Thanks for the link, it will be usefull for other people (I already used this blog post to change lots of placeholders and tooltips in another app) but it will not be useful in this case.

Indeed, it is about how to change Text strings depending on excel table, but text strings you can reach.

I can't reach the Text property of DatePicker's OK Button, because it is not showing anywhere.

Same, I can not change error language with that solution, because they seems to be stored not on my app but upper.

So, do you have any other idea, please ? Are these properties dependant of the O365 user language ? Or the internet browser ?

Which is a shame, because i am creating a full-english application, and even if French people will have access to it, it is really strange to have french word just hanging out together in an english application.

Thank you and have a nice day

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 84 members 4,483 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: