cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhyslewisdavies
Level: Power Up

Purchase Order app

HI - i'm new to PowerApps so forgive the dumb questions.

Has anyone created a purchase order app using PowerApps by any chance and could share their experiences etc?

Also, when an app has been created, how do you share it with everyone?  Are there licensing issues etc?

Thanks

Rhys

7 REPLIES 7
AndrewGeddes
Level: Powered On

Re: Purchase Order app

We've got a few apps we're on that are similar in nature to a Purchase Order. Let's start with licensing, what does your userbase look like? How are they licensed and is it under an EA?

PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

Yes, you can absolutely create a custom app for managing purchase orders. I've sent some emails internally to see if we have some examples.

Here is some info on sharing apps. In general, app users will require a license for PowerApps and the data source you're connecting to. Most Office 365 plans include PowerApps. 

rhyslewisdavies

All of our users are on the same Office 365 plan (premium) so we all have access to powerapps so i guess we're ok in that regard.

thanks - hopefully your staff might come back with some examples

AndrewGeddes
Level: Powered On

Perfect, all users being licensed with access is key, otherwise you'd have to figure out how to deal with currently unlicensed folks through kiosk or F licensing.

You'll need the maker license for the person(s) working on the app, and pay attention to the functionality you're looking to leverage when building, because premium connectors require plan 1 license for your users. This adds ~$7-8/m per user. In addition to premium connectors, the Common Data Service is off limits without plan 1. If you've got the budget and a ton of use cases, great - it can justify the spend. But if you're starting out I'd recommend staying away from plan 1 use until you're comfortable with how to leverage using storage such as SharePoint or an Azure sql server.

rhyslewisdavies

Hi - did you have any examples in the end?

Thanks.

SA_NYC

I was wondering the same thing, any chance of an example? Thank you in advance!

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff caburk
PowerApps Staff

I've reached out internally, but haven't found anything specific to purchase orders. Any chance you're a partner? There's some additional demos available at aka.ms/livedrive.

It also depends on your specifc use case and which technologies you already have or want to use. For example, this would work really well with model-driven apps. Store the PO and customer/user data in CDS. You could use CDS document templates to auto-create a Word doc, and build automation to send for signatures using CDS workflows or Flow. You could store the signed PO's using the built in SharePoint integration. There's even a DocuSign app on App Source.