cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afjm
Level: Powered On

Refreshing a powerapps screen?

Hi,

I currently have a powerapp which draws on data from a SharePoint list. Currently my primary screen displays a list, with the option to click into another screen that will display more information regarding the selected item from the list. When I used an excel file for the data I had no issues, but currently when I click into one item then back and into a new item sometime the second additional information screen will get stuck with the old data until I click on the screen. Is there a way I can refresh the screen once the user clicks into the new list item, or is there another workaround for this issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Refreshing a powerapps screen?

Hi @afjm,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue within your app?

Could you please share a screenshot of your app's configuration?

Further, do you want to refresh your data source when your app is started up?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if the OnSelect property of the "Add" button (Add a new item) within your Gallery screen set to following formula:

Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.Fade);NewForm(Form1)

Note: The Screen2 represents the Edit screen within your app, the Form1 represents the Edit form within your Edit screen.

If you want to refresh your data source when your app is started up, please take a try to set the OnStart property of your first screen (primary screen) to following formula:

Refresh(YourDataSource)

In addition, I don't think refreshing your data source when your app is started up could fix your issue. I think you want to refresh your data source when navigating back to the primary screen (first screen) from another screen, is it true? 

Please take a try to set the OnVisible property of the first screen (primary screen) within your app to following formula:

Refresh(YourDataSource)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
4 REPLIES 4
afjm

I have noticed that if I refresh the data then the problem seems to go away. Is there a way I can refresh the data on app startup instead of with a button? I would rather no refresh the data every time an item is selected, but that is the only workaround I can think of at this time. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @afjm,

Could you please share a bit more about the issue within your app?

Could you please share a screenshot of your app's configuration?

Further, do you want to refresh your data source when your app is started up?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please check if the OnSelect property of the "Add" button (Add a new item) within your Gallery screen set to following formula:

Navigate(Screen2,ScreenTransition.Fade);NewForm(Form1)

Note: The Screen2 represents the Edit screen within your app, the Form1 represents the Edit form within your Edit screen.

If you want to refresh your data source when your app is started up, please take a try to set the OnStart property of your first screen (primary screen) to following formula:

Refresh(YourDataSource)

In addition, I don't think refreshing your data source when your app is started up could fix your issue. I think you want to refresh your data source when navigating back to the primary screen (first screen) from another screen, is it true? 

Please take a try to set the OnVisible property of the first screen (primary screen) within your app to following formula:

Refresh(YourDataSource)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
afjm

The OnStart & OnVisible properties were exactly what I was looking for. Didn't even realize they were a thing (duh!) thanks!!

ZachyV

I still have to click the refresh screen  to display the correct data in the screen. What is the command to simulate manually clicking the Refresh 0n the top of the menu.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 204 members 4,734 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: