Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gaëlle
Level 8

SP onprem Managed Metadata generated by the server can't be specified

Hello there !

Before throwing my computer through the window, I thought it would be wise to ask your knowledges :

I have a application created from blank, desktop-wide. I have made the wanted connections with all the needed SP On-prem lists.

I have set several screens. One of them is the Create/Edit Case one.

In this screen, I've inserted a Edit Form, with "Case_List" as data source.

In that Case_List, on SP, I have a clumn called SectionMachine_RI. It is a managed metadata column. It is not even a multi-valued column.

But the TermSet contains a reusable term.

This is the only particularity I can find.

Here are the problems I encountered :

1. when adding an Edit Form to my screen, I add the Fields to this edit form. My Managed Metadata fields are only showing two layouts : View Lookup and View Selection. (see below). Normally, it should show Edit Lookup and Edit Selection !

I had to unlock the datacards and modify the DisplayMode to Edit. It customed my datacard and i was no longer able to see the different layouts.managedmetadata_error00.PNG

2. When I finally added the managed metadata column, I can see a dropdown with my terms... They are not separated between parent terms. I can only see Alimentation twice. (see with term store screen below)
    managedmetadata_error01.PNGThe selection i can make in powerapps

managedmetadata_error01bis.pngthe termset in termstoremanagement - see the reusable V2 term

managedmetadata_error02.PNGmy managedmetadata datacard
  3. Finally, when submitting my form, with everything well filled, nothing happens. No items are created in my Case list. I then stop the app running to find a little cross on my submit button. And here it says the following error : "SectionMachine_RI : the specified column is generated by the server and can't be specified" => HOWSO? see the screenshots below :managedmetadata_error.PNG

So here is my question : how should i make this work ? I am going to re-think my whole metadata termstore, but that is a bit of a bother.. And apparently one of my coworker could make it work with a reusable term. So i don't know where that comes from.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 98 members 3,737 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: