Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gaëlle
Level 8

SharePoint Online, PowerApps and Attachment

Hell othere !

As a lot of other fellow power apps users, I'm trying to do something of the brand new Attachment Control (I was so glad to hear the news!)

I have made a custom Contact Form which is filled with MyParamList datas (the right shop, the services it tries to reach..) and a simple Multi Line control. This form, once the right button clicked, is Patched to an other list, MyContactFormsList to create a new record.

So far, it is working like a charm.

Now, my clients would like to add an Attachment field, which could be really cool for the users.

So i have activated Attachments into my MyContactFormsList. I know that the Attachment control only shows in an EditFOrm, so I have added on on my screen, and I've linked it to MyContactFormsList.

Here is the screen's hierarchyPowerAppsScreens.PNG

Now, I would like several things :

1) When I try to run the app, there is no "Add an Attachment" link into my form (see screenshot01). There is only the message "There is no item to display"

screenshot01.PNGSo, How can I display a "Add an attahment" link or button ? Knowing that even if linked with MyContactFormsList, that should be a new record, so It shouldn't be linked to an already existing record

2) Then, if finally i succeed to ddisplay that button, and the user is allowed to upload file attachments, I am figuring that I could update my Patch function to add something like Parch({Service:"Service.Selected.Value";[...other records]; HasAttachments:Yes;Attachments : ????}) SO, I'm wondering :

HOW can I populate my Attachments column with my Patch function ? Should i do differently and use another function?

Thanks a lot by advance for helping me Smiley Wink

Have a nice day !

3 REPLIES 3
PowerAnalytics
Level: Powered On

Re: SharePoint Online, PowerApps and Attachment

Hi Gaëlle,

there is a little arrow within your datasource by selecting the attachment data card in Powerapps.  You can choose between show / edit attachments.

Best regards!

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-24 um 18.42.00.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gaëlle,

The Attachmentsof SharePoint list should be added by selecting the Form, and the check the Attachments data card in the tree view on the right side:

Capture.PNG

Sorry but I'm afraid that you cannot use Patch function to manage the SharePoint list attachment so far. We’ll be looking to add support for the standalone scenario outside the form within the next couple of months, but for now the Attachment control will look disabled when in Edit mode and not inside a form. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Gaëlle
Level 8

Hello @PowerAnalytics and @v-monli-msft Smiley Happy

First of all, I'd like to thank you for the time you took.

Secondly, I found how to enable the Attachment datacard : Just by changing the Form Mod from 

FormMode.Edit

to

FormMode.New

So, i can add attachments. the only problem now is that i can't push any of my attachment in my list, because i am creating a new item, but with lots of datas coming from another list.

Can i use the submit to do that ? Or maybe a flow?

What do you think ?

Thanks a lot both of you ! Smiley Happy