ok last little thing to get this working just right.
I created a PowerApp with 3 forms (and a Flow) and connected to SharePoint list. Everything is working perfectly... but one thing.
So if I go to "New" and fill out my PowerApp form, everything works great and once I submit it returns to the SharePoint list and displays my new record as expected.
But, if I then immediately click "New" again or click on any of the items in the list. PowerApp opens and performs the SharePointIntegration "OnNew" code (even if I click on the edit link for an existing item)? But also throws an error "The requested operation is invalid. Server response: A binary operator with incompatible types was detected. Found operand types 'Edm.GUID' and 'Edm.String' for operator of kind 'Equal'."
But if I refresh the browser, then click on an item or click on "New" everything works as expected again?
I'm doing a reset of all my forms OnSave and OnCancel and OnNew...
Is this a known issue? Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Could you please share a bit more about the error message within your app?
Do you custom a form for your SP list using PowerApps?
I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.
Please take a try to modify your formula within the OnNew, OnEdit, OnView property of the SharePointIntegration control as below:
Refresh('YourSPList'); ResetForm(SharePointForm1); NewForm(SharePointForm1)
Refresh('YourSPList'); ResetForm(SharePointForm1); EditForm(SharePointForm1)
Refresh('YourSPList'); ResetForm(SharePointForm1); ViewForm(SharePointForm1)
then check if the issue is solved.
In addition, please also consider take a try to turn off/disable the "Use GUID data types insteaf of strings" option (if it has been enabled) within Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app and re-load it, check if the issue is solved.
If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to remove the custom form for your SP list, and re-create a new one for it, check if the issue still exists.
Thanks for responding!
Answers to your questions:
Full error is in my original post.
Custom Form within SP
When I looked at my formulas I did not have the Refresh('SP List name'); so I was thinking that was it.... so I added it everywhere and saved/published... no luck same behavior.
Use GUID Data is off already.
I really dont want to have to recreate a new one. This one is pretty complex, multiple forms, flows, etc.
Really hoping this is something easy to fix or known issue.
Like I posted, this only happens right after something new is created and saved.
If I refresh the broiwser everything works again. It seems like the browser is the one getting confused here?
Have you solved your problem?
If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved already.
If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser or run your custom form using other browsers, then check if the issue is solved.
For further help in this issue, you could also consider take a try to submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:
Continue your learning in our online communities.
Let's thank our top community contributors
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Coming to a city near you
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round
Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!