cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ZuheirAshraf
Level: Powered On

Sharepoint Form - Powerapps | Filtering a lookup column based on another dropdown.

Hi All,

I'm customizing a sharepoint forms and am trying to build a filtered lookup column based on another dropdown.

I have this ID column which referring from another sharepoint list and am trying to use it as filter for 'Solution_Version' which is a combo box. 

image.png        ==========   image.png

Since it was intially a lookup column, the preconfigured formula was: Choices('Release Checklist'.Solution_Version)

I tried to change it to:

Filter('Solution List',ID = DataCardValue3.Selected.Value)

I manage to get the filter right but there seems to be an error. the blue icon appear and upon publishing it to sharepoint, the form not able to be save if I insert a value in the Solution_Version.

image.png 

I need to use the lookup in the sharepoint list to store the id from lookup function which will be used for microsoft flow later.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sharepoint Form - Powerapps | Filtering a lookup column based on another dropdown.

Would you please share more details about the relationship between the Solution List and the Release Check list Solution_Version field?

Besides, what is the value you choosed to display with the ComboBox and the Dropdown?

To filter the ComboBox, we should use the formula below:

filter(Choices('Release Checklist'.Solution_Version), value in Dropdown.Selected.Value)

The formula above assumes you have the Display value configured to the same data.

For the save doesn't work, that is bacause the field is a lookup field, which need to be filled with a record data, and once it has been configured to the filter() function, the record schema would change.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
javierz

Re: Sharepoint Form - Powerapps | Filtering a lookup column based on another dropdown.

hi

please help

I have tried, create a rule to estabelcer the value of a field, from a drop-down list

example

drop-down list, options
Colombia
Ecuador
Brazil

by selecting Colombia

the "User" field, you must set "Javier"

but if Ecuador

the "User" field, you must set "Camilo"
using sharepoint list

thank you

Super User
Super User

Hi @javierz,

If the column referenced by your dropdown is a Choice type column, I would recommend that you go back into Sharepoint and change it to a Single line of text.  Since a Choice column is an embedded table, it is difficult to work with it in Powerapps as described by @v-micsh-msft.  Once you have converted the Choice type to Single line of Text, it will be much easier to come up with a solution.  I have never lost data by doing this but if you are concerned, you can create a Calculated type column and just put the Choice column in it.  Then you can reference the calculated column.

A dropdown control references a complete record although it only shows one field in the display.  You can see this by clicking on it and looking at the value dropdown in the advanced tab on the right hand column.   All of the fields in your dropdown should be displayed.  That being said you can reference any of them for your TextInput control by making the Text Property Dropdown1.Selected.User ( Assuming that your dropdown is named Dropdown1 and the the column you are referencing is User).  Also, If you wanted to prevent anyone from changing it, you could set the Mode property of the TextInput box to View.

javierz

thanks for the help

I tried but these field does not have the property TEXT (sharepoint)

This topic apparently powerapps does not allow to set the value of fields in an easy way

I'm looking for another option

drop-down list (1,2,3)

1 field, remove the second drop-down list

try this code

If (dropdown.selected.value = 1, "A", dropdown.selected.value = 2, "B", "C")
but neither

some other idea, thank you very much

javierz

thanks for the help
I tried but it was not possible
I have an idea
remove the second drop-down list

add
1 field, text entry (view mode)
try this code
on the property Update of the text entry card "AssignedToEmail"

If (DataCardValue15.Selected.Value = "West"; "A"; "B")

but nothing happens