cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BungleBrain
Level: Powered On

Should I use SharePoint list attachment or simply link to files for PowerApps use?

I'm intending to use PowerApps as fairly simple view of a SharePoint list.

Every row in the SharePoint list will have a single document associated with it - however this may be a PowerPoint, Word or .pdf file.

Should I stash all these documents in a standard document library and simply link to them in the SharePoint list? Or should I add them as an attachment to each entry in the list?

Adding them as an attachment would keep things more organised in the single list, and save me having to create the links.

Are there major pros and cons for either of these approaches in terms of how PowerApps interacts with links or attachments? My intention is that the user browses the list via PowerApps and selects an item to view its details. They could then open the associated document if desired. There will be no requirement for them to edit or add list items via PowerApps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Should I use SharePoint list attachment or simply link to files for PowerApps use?

Hi @BungleBrain ,

I would suggest that you just add the files as the attachments of the items in SharePoint list. Then you could access the attachments with Attachments control and if users want to review the documents, they could click on the attachments and download them:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Should I use SharePoint list attachment or simply link to files for PowerApps use?

Hi @BungleBrain ,

I would suggest that you just add the files as the attachments of the items in SharePoint list. Then you could access the attachments with Attachments control and if users want to review the documents, they could click on the attachments and download them:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BungleBrain
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the advice Mona, I will go down the attachments route.