cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baxschwepo
Level: Powered On

Show just specific folder path of sharepoint library

Hi  to all,

I am creating an app for our installers, in which they can see their week planning and have access to detail information to a project they are allocated to. The ID for this is a project ID and the datasource is SQL.

All necessary documents to a project are stored in a sharepoint document library. Just the one specific folder is named with a project number, which is the ID for the project. Documents are stored in different subfolders. I want him to easy access these documents by clicking on the project number.

I tried to display the sharepoint list in a powerapps, which I achieved. But in this gallery everything is displayed, so all folders. I want just the specific folder to be shown, so he can navigate to the subfolders or even show all contained documents.

I was not able to filter the sharepoint list... I tried it with

Filter(ShowColumns(Dokumente;"{Path}";"{Name}");'{Name}' in "1151219")

But Filter is not working, no results are showing although there is name containing this project number. How do I filter the Library just showing one specific folder level?

Moreover, how do I show the target documents he is looking for? Shall I create another screen in powerapps or is it possible to change to the sharepoint app opening immediately a specific folder?

Hope it is clear what I am looking for..

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Show just specific folder path of sharepoint library

Hi @baxschwepo ,

Could you please share a bit more the folder structure of your SP Library?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

2.JPG

Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

Filter(MyLibrary1, IsFolder=true && "PowerApps" in Name)

On your side, you should type following formula:

Filter(Dokumente, IsFolder=true && "1151219" in Name)

In addition, if you want to show the target documents within the sub folders of a specific folder in your SP library, I think two three Gallery controls could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Set the Items property of the Gallery1 to following:

On your side, you should type:

Set the Items property of the Gallery2 to following:

Filter(MyLibrary1, IsFolder=true && 'Folder path'=Gallery1.Selected.'Folder path'&Gallery1.Selected.Name&"/")

Filter(Dokumente IsFolder=true && 'Folder path' = Gallery1.Selected.'Folder path' & Gallery1.Selected.Name & "/")

Set the Items property of the Gallery3 to following:

Filter(MyLibrary1, 'Folder path'= Gallery2.Selected.'Folder path'& Gallery2.Selected.Name&"/")

Filter(Dokumente, 'Folder path' = Gallery2.Selected.'Folder path' & Gallery2.Selected.Name & "/")

Within the Gallery3, add a Label control, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.'File name with extension'    /* <-- display the file name with extension */

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @baxschwepo ,

Could you please share a bit more the folder structure of your SP Library?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:1.JPG

2.JPG

Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

On your side, you should type following formula:

In addition, if you want to show the target documents within the sub folders of a specific folder in your SP library, I think two three Gallery controls could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Set the Items property of the Gallery1 to following:

Set the Items property of the Gallery2 to following:

Filter(MyLibrary1, IsFolder=true && 'Folder path'=Gallery1.Selected.'Folder path'&Gallery1.Selected.Name&"/")

Filter(Dokumente IsFolder=true && 'Folder path' = Gallery1.Selected.'Folder path' & Gallery1.Selected.Name & "/")

Set the Items property of the Gallery3 to following:

Filter(MyLibrary1, 'Folder path'= Gallery2.Selected.'Folder path'& Gallery2.Selected.Name&"/")

Filter(Dokumente, 'Folder path' = Gallery2.Selected.'Folder path' & Gallery2.Selected.Name & "/")

Within the Gallery3, add a Label control, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.'File name with extension'    /* <-- display the file name with extension */

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
baxschwepo
Level: Powered On

Hi Team _ Kris Dai,

thank you very much for your detailed and usefull answer!

I found a solution to show the right folder, but your hierarchical view with several depending galleries is great! I need to implement it..

Cool, thank you very much for your help to start the week!

Best

Bax!