cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandyR1963
Level: Powered On

Re: Showing List Attachments in a gallery

Hello Alll, 

I have performed this task "Showing List Attachments in a gallery"  as well in my App from Attachements from a SP List as discribed in this post,  and it works great in the online app creater when ran, and when published it works in a browser, when i try to view these picture attachments in the PowerApp App, it will not display the pictures.  

Any help appreciated. 

RandyR. 

RandyR1963

Disreguard my last post.. I FAILED to change the Image Porperty to "ThisItem.Value"  

Fixed my own issue after re-reading the post..  

Thanks, 

Randy R. 

Murderbot

This solution is great.  A couple corrections/updates:

Step 2:  If using a form, such as DetailForm1 on the Detail Screen, you can use the attachments control directly.

DataCardValue.Attachments

Step3: For the Image Control, I used a bit different language.

Text(ThisItem.Value)

Step 4: Same for the label. 

ThisItem.Name

Not sure if these changes are related to PowerApps evolving or just another route to the same destination.

jvdlinden

@v-micsh-msft , this has always worked for me. But for me it is no longer working!

I am getting no error messages on the formula whatsoever, but the Gallery is simply not showing the SharePoint list item attachments. Does anyone else has this very same issue?

@v-micsh-msft wrote:

Hi @fbxiii,

Yes, it is possible to show Attachments in an Image Gallery.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Add a gallery (BrowseGallery1) to hold the SharePoint list, add another Image Gallery, 

2. Configure the Image Gallery items property to:

BrowseGallery1.Selected.'{Attachments}'

3. Under the Image control of the Image Gallery, specify the Image property as:

ThisItem.Value

4. Under another LabelBox, specify the text property as:

ThisItem.DisplayName

See my testing example:

15.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted
Ambuja

Hi, i think instead of selected item, if you want you can just show the image on the same gallery with is funciton, 

First(ThisItem.'{Attachments}'.AbsoluteUri).AbsoluteUri

this is pop up image for the respective attachment of the gallery. 

jvdlinden

@Ambuja,

Thanks for your reply. In the meantime I have managed to get it to work using a workaround.

First I have put in the Attachments in a global variable when the user selects the parent item from a parent Gallery. Then, in the Gallery where I show the Attachments, I have used the global variable name in the Items property.

I couldn't find any other resources that support my findings or provide any kind of clarification.

Daniel_Pipe

I don't think this works. It shows the image in PowerApps studio but not for the end-users. It may have something to do with PowerApps not using the user for permissions, rather using a system account when loading the image for the end user.

@v-micsh-msft wrote:

Hi @fbxiii,

Yes, it is possible to show Attachments in an Image Gallery.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Add a gallery (BrowseGallery1) to hold the SharePoint list, add another Image Gallery, 

2. Configure the Image Gallery items property to:

BrowseGallery1.Selected.'{Attachments}'

3. Under the Image control of the Image Gallery, specify the Image property as:

ThisItem.Value

4. Under another LabelBox, specify the text property as:

ThisItem.DisplayName

See my testing example:

15.PNG

Regards,

Michael

Franck_Garcia

Instead of creating a second gallery, I am using a standard attachment field. As this kind of control cannot be inserted, I've copied and paste an existing attachment field from a Sharepoint form. Then I could modify its 'items' property to myGallery.Selected.Attachments.