Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gaëlle
Level 8

SubmitForm and Patch on Onprem Data failure

Hello everyone !

I have a On-Prem data gateway installed on my server.

I have set a connection between it and Powerapps.

This is working fine : the datas from my Lists are retrieving correctly.

Now I have two different problems :

1) I can't add a new element in one of my list. When I click on my button submit (which OnSelect property is set to SubmitForm(MyForm) ), nothing happens, no error are displayed.

Only when I try to see what is happening, I get this nebulous error on my Button (but it is not even displayed in the diagnosis tool)submitform_error.PNG

2) I can not Patch() a record in my list. I am trying to edit a Case by closing it. The Status is a Choice column in SharePoint.

I have created an icon with OnSelect porperty set to :

Patch(CM,
   First(Filter(CM,ID=ThisItem.ID)),{Statut_CM: {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id:0,Value:"Close"}});Navigate(Home,Fade)

And nothing happens ! No item edited in the list, nor do i have a Navigation back to Home screen.

I have no explicit error displayed in both cases.

Do you know what i may be doing wrong? Is it impossible to add and edit records on OnPrem datas ?

Is it a bug ?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gaëlle
Level 8

Re: SubmitForm and Patch on Onprem Data failure

Hello @v-monli-msft !

Thank you for your reply and your time.

Yes, I included all required columns on my form, and everything was filled.

I saw after, that my Submit button did show an error, wich was something like "MyManagedMetadataColumn is generated by the server and can't be specified" Which is absolut BS (I think it is because i used "Reusable" terms.

So, I just replaced every managed metadata column with reusable terms by a list in SP.

What a shame that all the perimeter of managed metadata are not taken into account !

Anyway, thank you for your time ! Smiley Wink

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Gaëlle,

Yes, it is possible to add and edit records on OnPrem datas.

Have you included all the required columns in your edit form? When submitting the Form or Patch records to SharePoint list, all the Required columns must be included. At least in your Patch formula, I only see one Choice column, the default Title column which is the required one and cannot be deleted is not included.

Please check and make sure all your required fields in SharePoint list and then test again.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Gaëlle
Level 8

Hello @v-monli-msft !

Thank you for your reply and your time.

Yes, I included all required columns on my form, and everything was filled.

I saw after, that my Submit button did show an error, wich was something like "MyManagedMetadataColumn is generated by the server and can't be specified" Which is absolut BS (I think it is because i used "Reusable" terms.

So, I just replaced every managed metadata column with reusable terms by a list in SP.

What a shame that all the perimeter of managed metadata are not taken into account !

Anyway, thank you for your time ! Smiley Wink

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 5,117 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: