cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ppkeno
Level: Powered On

Suppress drop down items with certain condition

I have a searchable combobox that retreives users from an Office365 list displays them in a drop down list whilst also allowing the user to enter a name not on the list. There is however a problem that prevents a name from being entered that is not a part of the user list in a certain condition.

When a new form is created or an existing form is edited and the field is blank, a name is not able to be saved in the field when entered or typed and clicked away. A workaround to this is to choose a user from the drop down that is selectable, click the small cross and remove the entry and then type in the user that is not a part of the list. The text can now be saved once an accepted entry has been entered and removed. 

It seems this behaviour is due to the drop down box not behaving correctly with the search function. The drop down box breifly shows the searched results whether it's nothing or the searched item, then immediately reverts to displaying the whole list. Once a user is selected and deleted, this behaviour no longer occurs.

So my question is, why is this happening and is there a conditional method to suppressing the list that could act as a bypass?

Here are pictures of the properties.

Card properties:

1.png

ComboBox Properties:

2.PNG

Where Default = DefaultSelectedItems = 

{ 
  DisplayName: ThisItem.Requester,
  Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(LookUp(Office365Users.SearchUser(), DisplayName = ThisItem.Requester).Mail), 
  Department:"",  
  Email: LookUp(Office365Users.SearchUser(), DisplayName = ThisItem.Requester).Mail, 
  JobTitle:"", 
  Picture:""
}
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Suppress drop down items with certain condition

Hi @ppkeno,

Is Office365 Users the only data sources in this app? I'm asking this question because that it seems that you are trying to editing data in this app and as far as I know, it is not available to update the user information through the Office 365 Users Connection.

Office 365 Users connection in PowerApps

Please share more detailed information about your app, like what is the data source of your edit form. If it's a SharePoint list, what are the related columns' column types?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ppkeno
Level: Powered On

Re: Suppress drop down items with certain condition

@v-monli-msft

The app also has a sharepoint list datasource. This field when submitted will save the text into a sharepoint single line text column.