Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Willerz7071
Level: Powered On

The Property Expects Text values error for a status field

Hello Pro's

I have a field called Employment status that I use to show if the employee is active or terminated.

I am trying to create an app from my SharePoint Contact List For employees.

I can't get the app to show the status of the employee.

ThisItem.Employment_x0020_Status gives me an error "the property expects text values, but this rule produces Incomplete Record Values"?

Any ideas what this means. I am new to power apps. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: The Property Expects Text values error for a status field

If the field 'Employment Status' is a choice or a lookup column in SharePoint, then those values are sent by SP to PowerApps as a "record" that contains both the value and an identifier that SharePoint needs. If you want to display it in a label, you can access the Value property:

ThisItem.Employment_x0020_Status.Value
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

It is probably a choice field, so it has values. Enter a dot behind the ThisItem.Employment_Status to see the attributes you can pick. Then you have your text.

Hope this helps,

Paul
4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

If the field 'Employment Status' is a choice or a lookup column in SharePoint, then those values are sent by SP to PowerApps as a "record" that contains both the value and an identifier that SharePoint needs. If you want to display it in a label, you can access the Value property:

ThisItem.Employment_x0020_Status.Value
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

It is probably a choice field, so it has values. Enter a dot behind the ThisItem.Employment_x0020_Status to see the attributes you can pick. Then you have your text.

Hope this helps,

Paul
KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

It is probably a choice field, so it has values. Enter a dot behind the ThisItem.Employment_Status to see the attributes you can pick. Then you have your text.

Hope this helps,

Paul
Willerz7071
Level: Powered On

Thank you, that was it!