cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharePointAU
Level: Powered On

This Rule Creates a Circular Reference, but not for all data???

In trying to pull data from another data source I am getting this message for some, NOT ALL, of the data. Have you seen this before?

Capture.PNG

I'm pulling this data the same way but do not get the message? Do you know what the difference is?

Capture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft Employee

Re: This Rule Creates a Circular Reference, but not for all data???

My guess would be that the fields are affecting the Label_userid control. Try putting a constant value instead of "Text(Label_userid)". If that eliminates the error, then that is likely where the issue lies.

Once you pull this data, how is it being used? Is is possible it is used in a way that impacts Label_userid?

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Which control/property has this formula that gives you this error?

Also, can you try specifying the column inside the LookUp function to see if it helps?

LookUp('[dbo].[Users]', Text(label_userid) = Text(ID), GID)
SharePointAU

I tried moving the column inside, and recieved the same "circular reference" error. 

So the controls that are working are 2 Date controls, and a text control. The remaining not working are all text controls. I have marked the ones working with check marks and the ones not working with "X's." I'm trying to autofill them based on the first column, and all of them, the ones working and not, are using the same LookUp. I'm not sure what the difference is in the ones not working.

StripesApp.PNG

SharePointAU

Any ideas? This is really baffleing as to why some of these will render but others are throwing that circular reference error.

Microsoft Employee

My guess would be that the fields are affecting the Label_userid control. Try putting a constant value instead of "Text(Label_userid)". If that eliminates the error, then that is likely where the issue lies.

Once you pull this data, how is it being used? Is is possible it is used in a way that impacts Label_userid?