cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AdamGill
Level 8

Toggle Issue - Reverts even when Reset Setting is "false"..??

I have read lots of posts about Toggles resetting - and potentially how to avoid it. None of them work for me. I've attached a screencap of my Toggle's relevant settings. The Toggles are "local" - none of them actually update a data set. Basically, I use Toggles to show or hide various sections of a very long Form, full of over 100 Data Cards. The Toggles Function work perfectly - once selected, a section of the Form appears - when unselected, the section of the Form is hidden. However - irrespective of how the user invokes a "Save" or "Close" of the Form - the Toggle always reverts to "false". As you can see by the screenshot, the settings are pretty much standard - and Reset is set to false, too. Can anyone advise what I am missing, please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdamGill
Level 8

Re: Toggle Issue - Reverts even when Reset Setting is "false"..??

So... the answer wasn't straightforwards.

1. A Toggle must reside on an associated DataCard - so it must be related to a data column on your SP Table - it can't simply reside on the Form without being attached to data column - otherwise, it will simply "reset" each time the Form is saved or updated.

2. To update a Form - without exiting - and thereby invoke changes associated with a Toggle, you have to create a button with the associated action: SubmitForm(NameOfForm) - this is different to the default "Save record" button, which includes a trailling ";back()" action.

2 REPLIES 2
AdamGill
Level 8

So - I swapped out the Toggles for Check Boxes on a Custom Card. The Check Boxes are also resetting when I save the Form.

It must be a pretty fundamental error and maybe I'm just not seeing it...

Any takers, please?

AdamGill
Level 8

So... the answer wasn't straightforwards.

1. A Toggle must reside on an associated DataCard - so it must be related to a data column on your SP Table - it can't simply reside on the Form without being attached to data column - otherwise, it will simply "reset" each time the Form is saved or updated.

2. To update a Form - without exiting - and thereby invoke changes associated with a Toggle, you have to create a button with the associated action: SubmitForm(NameOfForm) - this is different to the default "Save record" button, which includes a trailling ";back()" action.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 87 members 4,191 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: