cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamGill
Level 8

Toggle Issue - Reverts even when Reset Setting is "false"..??

I have read lots of posts about Toggles resetting - and potentially how to avoid it. None of them work for me. I've attached a screencap of my Toggle's relevant settings. The Toggles are "local" - none of them actually update a data set. Basically, I use Toggles to show or hide various sections of a very long Form, full of over 100 Data Cards. The Toggles Function work perfectly - once selected, a section of the Form appears - when unselected, the section of the Form is hidden. However - irrespective of how the user invokes a "Save" or "Close" of the Form - the Toggle always reverts to "false". As you can see by the screenshot, the settings are pretty much standard - and Reset is set to false, too. Can anyone advise what I am missing, please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
AdamGill
Level 8

Re: Toggle Issue - Reverts even when Reset Setting is "false"..??

So... the answer wasn't straightforwards.

1. A Toggle must reside on an associated DataCard - so it must be related to a data column on your SP Table - it can't simply reside on the Form without being attached to data column - otherwise, it will simply "reset" each time the Form is saved or updated.

2. To update a Form - without exiting - and thereby invoke changes associated with a Toggle, you have to create a button with the associated action: SubmitForm(NameOfForm) - this is different to the default "Save record" button, which includes a trailling ";back()" action.

2 REPLIES 2
AdamGill
Level 8

So - I swapped out the Toggles for Check Boxes on a Custom Card. The Check Boxes are also resetting when I save the Form.

It must be a pretty fundamental error and maybe I'm just not seeing it...

Any takers, please?

Highlighted
AdamGill
Level 8

So... the answer wasn't straightforwards.

1. A Toggle must reside on an associated DataCard - so it must be related to a data column on your SP Table - it can't simply reside on the Form without being attached to data column - otherwise, it will simply "reset" each time the Form is saved or updated.

2. To update a Form - without exiting - and thereby invoke changes associated with a Toggle, you have to create a button with the associated action: SubmitForm(NameOfForm) - this is different to the default "Save record" button, which includes a trailling ";back()" action.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 91 members 4,346 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: