cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geordie
Level: Powered On

Toggle changing value in Excel table

I have a toggle control whose default value is set to If(ThisItem.IsVolunteer= "True", true, false) which when shown, sets it to on or off based on the True or False value in that cell of an Excel sheet and hence the table.  I've set the toggle's OnCheck property to ThisItem.IsVolunteer = "true" and OnUncheck value to ThisItem.IsVolunteer = "false" but turning the toggle on or off doesn't update the Excel table.

I'm pretty sure that's because the value is a comparison and not an action to change the value, but what should the OnCheck and OnUncheck values be? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Toggle changing value in Excel table

Hi @Geordie,

Could you please share a bit more about your Excel table?

Is there a column called ID within your Excel table?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

I think there is something wrong with the formula that you provided. The Update function is used to update the replace an entire record in a data source, if you don't provide values for corresponding columns, the corresponding columns would be blank.

More details about the Update function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Update function

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Within the Gallery control, add a Toggle control within the Gallery control:

Set the Default property of the Toggle control to following formula:

If(ThisItem.IsVolunteer="true",true,false)

Set the OnCheck property of the Toggle control to following formula:

UpdateIf(Table1,ID=ThisItem.ID,{IsVolunteer:"true"});Refresh(Table1)

Set the OnUncheck property of the Toggle control to following formula:

UpdateIf(Table1,ID=ThisItem.ID,{IsVolunteer:"false"});Refresh(Table1)

Note: I assume that there is a column called ID within your Excel table. The Table1 represents the Excel table data source within your app.

In addition, you could also use the following workaround:

Patch(Table1,ThisItem,{IsVolunteer:"true"});Refresh(Table1)

Set the OnUncheck property of the Toggle property to following fomrula:

Patch(Table1,ThisItem,{IsVolunteer:"false"});Refresh(Table1)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Geordie

If it helps, I'm sort of half way there.  

The OnUncheck value is now Update(Table1, First(Filter(Table1, ID=BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)), {IsWelcomer:"False"} )

(this is the actual values, the original question generalised fields a little) This is meant to find the record in the sheet that has the value in the column called ID, that is the same as the main screen user's ID, and change the value in that row's IsWelcomer column to False. The app is throwing the error "_PowerAppsId_ required"

Does this mean that my filter *must* search for a record by the _PowerAppsId_ column that PowerApps inserts? If not, what does it mean? The way my data is structured is the ID column is the primary key...

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Geordie,

Could you please share a bit more about your Excel table?

Is there a column called ID within your Excel table?

Further, could you please share a screenshot about your app's configuration?

I think there is something wrong with the formula that you provided. The Update function is used to update the replace an entire record in a data source, if you don't provide values for corresponding columns, the corresponding columns would be blank.

More details about the Update function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Update function

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Within the Gallery control, add a Toggle control within the Gallery control:

Set the Default property of the Toggle control to following formula:

If(ThisItem.IsVolunteer="true",true,false)

UpdateIf(Table1,ID=ThisItem.ID,{IsVolunteer:"true"});Refresh(Table1)

Set the OnUncheck property of the Toggle control to following formula:

UpdateIf(Table1,ID=ThisItem.ID,{IsVolunteer:"false"});Refresh(Table1)

Note: I assume that there is a column called ID within your Excel table. The Table1 represents the Excel table data source within your app.

In addition, you could also use the following workaround:

Patch(Table1,ThisItem,{IsVolunteer:"true"});Refresh(Table1)

Set the OnUncheck property of the Toggle property to following fomrula:

Patch(Table1,ThisItem,{IsVolunteer:"false"});Refresh(Table1)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Geordie

Thanks heaps Kris, Patch was what I was after and that syntax - once modified to meet my actual app - works fine. Sorry that the question was a bit vague, but this app has live user data in it including names, cell numbers and email addresses which makes it really hard to show screenshots etc. Smiley Happy  Thanks for the correct answer and helping me!