Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
adaptivecruise
Level: Powered On

Trying to use Lookup with 2 specifications

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to display something simple using Lookup on a SharePoint document library. This library is a repository where versions of a particular pdf are being sent, and I'm trying to display the document with the most recent file name.

Users select from a dropdown that specifies which workflow ID they're looking at. It's very basic and works fine until I have two documents with the same WAMIncrementedID in that library...then it only looks at the original one. I need to figure out a way to show the name of the most recently uploaded document rather than the original document. I've tried adding an ID column which would differentiate the two, but I can't figure out how to lookup two things.

Here's my current setup:

app1.PNGSimple dropdown that displays name

app2.PNGSimple lookup

This is working the way it's supposed to, but I need to not only lookup the name, but the max ID of the most recent document added to the library:

app3.PNGTrying to display the file name in the red box.

I've tried adding something like "&& Max(ID)" after the '{Name}' in my equation, but it isn't working. Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thank you!

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PauwelsSven
Level 8

Re: Trying to use Lookup with 2 specifications

Hi,

Try this formula instead:

Text(First(SortByColumns(Filter(WAMWorkflowDocs, WAMIncrementedID = ActiveWorkflowIDDropdwon_1.Selected.Value), "ID", SortOrder.Ascending)).Name)

Hope this helps

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
MRNBagtas

Hi, @adaptivecruise!

Have you tried using sort and first functions of powerapps?

something like this:

First(Sort(*Your lookup function*,ID,Descending))

** Sort by ID - to ensure that the latest one is on the top of the table

** First - to get the first record in the table

I hope this helps Smiley Happy 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @adaptivecruise,

Based on needs that you mentioned, I think the LookUp function may not achieve your needs.

As an alternative solution, I have made a test, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Default property of the Text Input control to following:

First(
Filter(
SortByColumns(WAMWorkflowDocs, "ID", Descending),
WAMIncrementedID = ActiveWorkflowIDDropdown_1.Selected.Value
)
).'{Name}'

More details about Filter function and First function, please check the following article:

Filter function

First function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PauwelsSven
Level 8

Hi,

Try this formula instead:

Text(First(SortByColumns(Filter(WAMWorkflowDocs, WAMIncrementedID = ActiveWorkflowIDDropdwon_1.Selected.Value), "ID", SortOrder.Ascending)).Name)

Hope this helps

Regards.

adaptivecruise

Hey everybody! 

The solution offered by @PauwelsSven seems to be working best for my purposes. Working like a charm!

Can't thank you enough for your help on this one! You all rule.

Daniel