cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChiefSmo
Level: Powered On

Update a field with two pieces of data concatenated when a toggle is switched on

Hello PowerApps Community,

My goal is to have a field updated when a toggle button is switched on. I am using the "OnCheck =" section within the toggle. I feel this should work to update an item and contatenate the values from these fields into the one called "Tech1_SignOff." 

This is what I have currently:

Patch('Datasource',ThisItem,{Tech1_SignOff: Contatenate(Modified By_DataCard1.Update, Created_DataCard1.Update)})

Once again PowerApps community I truly appreciate you efforts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JimmyBecks

Re: Update a field with two pieces of data concatenated when a toggle is switched on

Hi ChiefSmo,

I not 100% sure what you are going for but I am guessing you may be patching the values from a SharePoint form based on the DataCard1 in your formula.

One issue you may be having is "Modified By" is a person field not a text field. To use this in concatenate you would need to select on of the properties of the person field like this:

Concatenate(ThisItem.'Modified By'.DisplayName,'Created By'.DisplayName)

Any more info/screenshots you could give about the error may help us crack the issue Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
JimmyBecks

Re: Update a field with two pieces of data concatenated when a toggle is switched on

Hi ChiefSmo,

I not 100% sure what you are going for but I am guessing you may be patching the values from a SharePoint form based on the DataCard1 in your formula.

One issue you may be having is "Modified By" is a person field not a text field. To use this in concatenate you would need to select on of the properties of the person field like this:

Any more info/screenshots you could give about the error may help us crack the issue Smiley Happy

JimmyBecks

Hi ChiefSmo,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 30 members 4,491 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: