Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
champion-is
Level: Powered On

Using a Flow to save data from Power Apps to SP list error

Hi all,

I have an issue that I cannot find a resolution for so I am looking for some assistance.

I have built an app that reads data from a SharePoint list into text input boxes on a form. I have a button that when pressed should send the data back to the sharepoint list with any updates. Sometimes it works correctly and updates the SP list, but a lot of time it is giving me the error: the method 'Run' has an invalid value for parameter #. # meaning any one of several input boxes. It seems to be if the box is empty, it fails. Once I put some data in the box it seems to work.

The Button runs a Flow that is the link between Powerapp and SP list, but it also fails using the 'Patch' command. 

I'm going round in circles at the moment, so any help is much appreciated! 

idnumber is a variable reading the SP list ID number.

Code used:

UpdateCandidates.Run(idnumber,txtlastname.Text,txtfirstname.Text,txtcurrentjob.Text,txthomephone.Text,txtmobilephone.Text,txt_address.Text,txt_city.Text,txt_postcode.Text,txtnotes.Text,txtpreferred.Text,txtexpected.Text,txtcvsent.Text,txtdob.Text,chkvisa.Value,txtnationality.Text,txtmarital.Text,txtskype.Text,txthometown.Text,txtcurrent.Text,txtcalllog.Text,txtemail.Text)

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Using a Flow to save data from Power Apps to SP list error

Hi @champion-is,

I think the error message should be mostly related to the Flow you have configured.

Could you please share more details about the flow configuration?

There should be some required field within the Flow, which should be configured as  No- Blank value within PowerApps.

Besides, if here you are using the patch() function, the required field should also not be set to blank.

Within PowerApps, we could take use of IsBlank  for single field or IsEmpty for table to check whether it is blank or not.

See the following blog for more details.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.