Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesus1
Level: Powered On

Using email field to send summary of form

Hello everyone,

hope someone can help me.

I have a Quality Assurance Form I made on PowerApps. I have created a flow that generates a PDF Summary of the survey. I can send myself this PDF using the same flow by adding Send an Email (v2) and putting my email in plain text. Now I'm trying to send this email to an email address that is entered in the Quality Assurance Form.

I have tried initiating another variable but I cannot get this to work, I feel like I'm missing a step.

I'm including screenshots of my form, flow structure, and the button OnSelect expression. Please let me know if additional information is needed. 

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Using email field to send summary of form

Hi @jesus1 

From what I see as per your screenshots, the flow connection in powerapps only requires 2 arguments(InitializeVariable_Value & InitializeVariable2_Value) while your flow has requested three argument(InitializeVariable_Value,InitializeVariable2_Value,InitializeVariable5_Value).

I guess the issue popped up because you added the third argument later and the powerapps connection is not up to data to pass the value for it. Can you please remove the flow from button action and recreate the connection? This will pull all the latest arguments. Once you have all the three variables in the tooltip, please pass three different values separated by a comma. This should resolve the issue because current you are not passing any value for the email.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jesus1 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to pass the email entered in your Quality Assurance Form to your flow?

Firstly, if you want to pass the email entered in your Quality Assurance Form to your flow, you need to specify the argument you want to pass from your app within your flow using "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content.

Based on the flow screenshot that you peovided, I think your operation is correct. You could specify a argument (just like you mentioned.) within the "Initialize variable 5" action using "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content:6.JPGThen within your app, in order to display the additional variable you specified in your flow, please consider remove the flow connection from your app, then re-add a new connection to your flow in your app.

Note: The additional arguments you specified in your flow would not be updated automatically wthin the  MakePDF.Run() function. You must remove the existing flow connection in your flow, and re-create a new connection to your flow to update the arguments.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jesus1

This helped alot!

Now I have one minor problem. When the email comes in it gets flagged as bulk mail by outlook/godaddy.

I'm assumming this is because the content of the pdf is technically html.

Flag states:

Links and other functionaly have been disabled in this message. To turn on functionaly, move this message to the Inbox.
We converted this message into plain text format.

Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachements: xxxxx.pdf

I'm actually considering setting up a rule to allow all emails from my onmicrosoft account, so it doesn't get flag as spam, but I believe there should be a way to resolve this in the flow.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jesus1 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to the email address you passed from your app to your flow rather than flow itself. Please make sure the email address that you passed from your app to the flow is a safe email.

If you want to set up a rule to allow all emails from my onmicrosoft account within your flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow. Please consider set up such rule within your Outlook itself.

Also please consider set the Importance property of the "Send an email (V2)" action in your flow to High, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, please also consider remove the "Send an email (V2)" action from your flow, instead, add a "Send an email" action, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MartinWoe

When creating rules, please consider that you don't have to do this just only for your email address, but for every user that uses the app... According to my knowledge, Flow will send the email using the actual user's account.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 167 members 4,825 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: