Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
daniellemaree
Level: Powered On

Variables showing incorrect value from stored list

HI

I have a drop down being used in my power app. This is being correctly stored and the data is shown tested by a label also the value storing.

However when running the flow it displays the value as "Yes"

This value yes isnt in the list stored and it is preventing my next switch action to not run successfully.

Is there a way to correct it so the value is being passed through as it should to be stored in the varriable?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
tchin-nin
Level 10

Re: Variables showing incorrect value from stored list

Hi @daniellemaree

How do you pass this variable to your Flow ?

What you need to do to achieve what you want is :

- Create a Flow with PowerApps trigger

- in your Flow, on your Switch condition, use a"Ask in PowerApps" value 

This value will become a Flow parameter. 

powerappsvariables.png

- in PowerApps, start your Flow with the parameter :

Flow.Run(datacardvalue.selected.value)

IMG_20180911_095547.jpg

Theo

daniellemaree

Hi @tchin-nin

Thanks for the message, I have already tired this way with datacard.selected.value and it doesnt appear to bring the value through. only as yes not the value that is suppose to be stored. i.e data science

photo1.PNG

tchin-nin
Level 10

The value is Yes because your initializing the flow variable "DataCardValue26" type string to "Yes"
The variable your retrieving from your Flow don't need to be initialized. Using the Ask In PowerApps is enough.

Can you provide a screen shot of your flow, so I can guide you ?

Théo
daniellemaree

HI @tchin-nin

I have only declared four variables at the top of the workflow

Please see the screen shot attached

tchin-nin
Level 10

Hi,

This is a strange behavior, I'll try to reproduce. 

Have you tried using direction the Ask in PowerApps parameter in the switch, without using flow variable ?

Theo

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @daniellemaree,

Do you want to pass the Drop down value (COP Groups Drop down) from your app to a flow?

I found that you have post similar issue within this forum, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/Drop-Down-Values-Missing-In-Flow/m-p/157040#M126...

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

Flow's configuration:1.JPG

App's configuration:2.JPG

3.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:4.JPG

Please check if you have provided proper value for corresponding arguments within the 'PowerAppsbutton-2'.Run() function. 

The order of arguments within the 'PowerAppsbutton-2'.Run() function is the same as that defined within your flow, so please make sure that you have provided proper value for corresponding arguments within the 'PowerAppsbutton-2'.Run() function.

In addition, you could also consider take a try to re-create your flow, and only define one variable within your flow, then pass the COPGroups Dropdown value from your app the flow, check if the correct value is passed.

Note: When you add a "Initialize variable" action within your flow, you could consider rename it firstly, and then type the "Ask in PowerApps" dynamic content within the Value field of this action, to make the arguments has unique name.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
daniellemaree

Hi @v-xida-msft

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion from a new flow and declared all varriables and has seemed to work perfectly.

Some reason in  my old flow as i was editing/updating it, the suggested variables wern't coming through sucessfuly as your third screen shot.

When creating the varriables in flow, then updating the expression in power apps. How do you edit again the flow variables? As I tried to go back into flow and update a varriable however it had to re-create the flow. Is there an easier way?

Also based on a radio button in the flow I am  using this for a conditional statement yes/no. In the flow this will be using the requestfield. Which is being logged by a varriable previously. In the conditional statement requestfield how do you store the true/false  to go down the yes/no path?

Thanks

daniellemaree

Also just another question @v-xida-msft @tchin-nin

Once I have completed the onselect expression to run the power app the button shows an error. It prevents the flow from running

value4.PNG.

Capture3.PNG

tchin-nin
Level 10

What is the error message ?

Make sure your giving your Flow.Run() function the exact number of arguments it is expecting.

You can see which arguments in which order when typing your formula and looking at the tooltip that pop's out like this 

IMG_20180911_095547.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 175 members 4,320 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: