cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bscramling
Level: Powered On

Viewing Images from SharePoint

I have a SharePoint Picture Library (PTD-Apps-Images) populated with images of parts.

I have a SharePoint List (PartsList) with information of each part. One of the columns is called 'PartImage' of type "HyperLink or Picture". This column contains the link to the image from PTD-Apps-Images.

I have a PowerApps that contains a Gallery that is populated from a collection that contains all the records from PartsList. In developer mode, everything works fine, including the display of the images...

PartsTracker-1.JPG

However, the images do not display when the app is loaded in the browser by anyone besides me. I made sure permissions are set correctly for the Picture Library, SharePoint List and the app itself.

I tried using an alternative to the Picture Library by exporting it to an Excel file and putting it in my OneDrive. I added the text '[images]' to the end of the column name for the images like others have informed in this forum and else where. It didn't work.

Does anyone know how to get images to appear in gallery's for everyone with permission to use the app? It doesn't have to be via SharePoint, I just need it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Viewing Images from SharePoint

Hi @bscramling ,

Do you mean every one can see the pictures in the Gallery except you and you have all the permissions?

Do you use one same App and every settings are same?

Could you please try to clear cache and cookies in your browser or change one another browser?

Could you please try to the following workaround as next:

1. Copy the original link of the picutre in the PictureLibrayry and then paste it into the list;

20190318picturelink1.PNG

20190318picturelink2.PNG

20190318picturelink3.PNG

2.And then refresh create your PowerApps Gallery,Image:ThisItem.'Coulumn Name' (my column name in sp list is picturelink, you can change it to yours on your side)

20190318picture4.PNG

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

bscramling

Ended up storing the images in our SQL db and now they appear in PowerApps for everyone.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bscramling ,

Do you mean every one can see the pictures in the Gallery except you and you have all the permissions?

Do you use one same App and every settings are same?

Could you please try to clear cache and cookies in your browser or change one another browser?

Could you please try to the following workaround as next:

1. Copy the original link of the picutre in the PictureLibrayry and then paste it into the list;

20190318picturelink1.PNG

20190318picturelink2.PNG

20190318picturelink3.PNG

2.And then refresh create your PowerApps Gallery,Image:ThisItem.'Coulumn Name' (my column name in sp list is picturelink, you can change it to yours on your side)

20190318picture4.PNG

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

bscramling

Ended up storing the images in our SQL db and now they appear in PowerApps for everyone.

reynoldsdl

I am having this same issue. While building the app and running the app images display fine. After publishing app, users do not see the images. Recently I had to change my password. I also cleard cookies and cache. After changing password and clearing cookies/cache no images display for me when i run the published app. If i navigate to the sharepoint site and then refresh the app, all the images appear. Why? Please help. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

Follow PowerApps on Twitter

Stay Up-to-Date by following PowerApps on Twitter

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 4,423 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: