cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turnbeNZ
Level: Powered On

filter gallery with dropdown box sharepoint list

Hi

Ive tried all the obvious, but havent achieved this just yet...

Some Background...

I have a sharepoint online calendar called 'Events Calendar' and one of the columns on the list is called "EventCatagoryC"

I had to make the column "EventCatagoryC" as a calculated column from the column "Catagory" using the formula =[Catagory] because the "Catagory" column didnt appear in my list of available fields in the gallery.

This displays correctly in my Gallery1.

On my screen I have Gallery1, and a form1

Form1 has a data source of 'Events Calendar' and only one dropdown box "DropEventCatagory" on it which is sourced from the column "Catagory"

This bit displays fine.

The problem:

I want to be able to filter the displayed items in Gallery1 based upon the selection made in the dropdown box on From1.

On Gallery1.Items I have the following code:

If(IsBlank(DropEventCatagory.Selected.Value), 'Events Calendar', Filter('Events Calendar', EventCatagoryC = DropEventCatagory.Selected.Value))

I get a blue wiggly line under EventCatagoryC and the = sign saying "Part of this formula cant be evaluated remotely due to service limitations. Highlighted operation is not supported by column 'EventCatagoryC'

No matter whats selected in the dropdown, it doesnt work.

Help appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: filter gallery with dropdown box sharepoint list

Hi @turnbeNZ,

You mentioned that 'Events Calendar' is a SharePoint calendar, and then you said that it is a list. I assume that this is a list, not the calendar app. And list is supported by PowerApps.

May I know what is the column type of this Catagory? Why will it not be displayed in the Gallery?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
turnbeNZ
Level: Powered On

Hi

Thanks for your question.

It is a sharepoint calendar app, so it has a sharepoint list behind the calendar effectively.

The column type of catagory is Choice, I have 5 choices under it.

This column doesnt appear in the list of columns for the gallery

Capture.JPG

Sorry I have no idea why it wont appear in this list.

Thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @turnbeNZ,

I understand that you cannot make the Choice column to show in the list of Gallery setting. But you can actually add a Label in the Gallery and set the Text property to below formula:

ThisItem.SingleChoice.Value

"SingleChoice" is the name of my single choice column name. 

Please try if this works.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.