cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iwaldman
Helper III
Helper III

Append Record Id to Button component link to a page

I have added a button component to a page.

Is there a way to append the record id as a query parameter to the button page link? e.g., view-cart/?id=7851618b-f039-ed11-a81b-000d3a336a33

iwaldman_0-1663856357227.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iwaldman
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks, @NatGeo . I am overriding the onClick to make this work. I was hoping that there was an UI option to append the id. Maybe this is on the roadmap. Thanks again!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NatGeo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @iwaldman,

You can append the record id as a query parameter to URL, if it's acceptable in your case.

Hoping it helps.

NatGeo

iwaldman
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @NatGeo , Thanks for the response. The record id is not static; it must be dynamically appended when clicking the button. I can write JavaScript to achieve this but it seems that this should be a standard feature.

NatGeo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @iwaldman,

You can add it to URL on your button click event.

window.location.href = `/YOUR_PARTIAL_URL?YOURid=${YourID}`

Also if you use Advanced Form, you can go to "Form Definition" tab ->Record Source section and add your ID  that will be added to URL.  For Basic Forms, select "On Success Settings" -> Redirect. You will see different options there to add your ID to URL.

Hoping it helps.

NatGeo

iwaldman
Helper III
Helper III

Thanks, @NatGeo . I am overriding the onClick to make this work. I was hoping that there was an UI option to append the id. Maybe this is on the roadmap. Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (4,836)