cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elll
Helper I
Helper I

How to connect data from a table to a field in a form?

I need to connect data from a table to a single field in a form, so that as the user types, the available options show below. I think it has to be done with JQuery but I'm not sure how. Does anyone know how it could be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @elll you need to link your tables via relationships in Dataverse.

What you are looking for is represented by a Lookup column type, in the Portals this can be represented as a lookup control (which contains search capabilities via modal popup) or via dropdown, which is simpler but more user friendly (this behaviour is changed via Form Metadata)

Please let me know if you need more info on this configuration.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi @elll you need to link your tables via relationships in Dataverse.

What you are looking for is represented by a Lookup column type, in the Portals this can be represented as a lookup control (which contains search capabilities via modal popup) or via dropdown, which is simpler but more user friendly (this behaviour is changed via Form Metadata)

Please let me know if you need more info on this configuration.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,262)