cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paquettb
Regular Visitor

Anyone know the best way to move a Add Attach File (added on the Basic Form) field on a page. I would like to move it off the bottom of the form.

Hello, 

Has anyone moved the "Add Attach File"/attachments on the page from the default bottom to another location? I would like to move it up to a two-column section I set up on the basic form. I want to make this field more noticeable and try to encourage the use of pictures. It is for a support page a picture is worth a thousand words as they say. 

This is where I set up the attachment for the form

Paquettb_0-1663010855776.png

This is the way it looks on a form

Paquettb_2-1663010943300.png

So I want to move this up and put it in a different section of the form besides on the bottom. Any input is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
NatGeo
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Paquettb ,

You can try detach and append this element.

It should work.

Hoping it helps.

NatGeo

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You may have to 'play' with it a bit but it would be something like

// this also may be different depending on if you use the attach file tickbox vs metadata
// finds the parent row Div of the Attach File and then you can use insertAfter to position 
// it after another node
// in the below you may need to move it to after a parent of the other "id" rather than the "id" // itself 

$( document ).ready(function() {
    $("#AttachFile").closest('div[class^="tr"]').insertAfter("#otherfieldname");
});

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,026)