cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dokane
Frequent Visitor

Customer Self Service Portal - Subject column rendering

The Subject column on the Case table renders as a very long drop down list on the Portal.

I know this derives from Subject on the Customer Service Hub but it isn't pretty for the logged in portal user to scroll through to find their subject. D365 side it has a nice filter down tree like structure.

From what I see it is a Lookup control in the Portal so I could go down the road of creating a custom Parent field and attempting to filter Subject based on the selection of the custom field.

Has anyone come across this Subject field before on the Portal and come up with a way to make it more usable for the portal user?

1 REPLY 1
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Believe it or not, I already had the article in my clipboard as I used for another thread: Custom Lookup filtering on PowerApps Portals - Dancing with CRM

this article is going a bit beyond, because it's performing a query and then filtering the dropdown.. but you might need to find another criteria to decide which values to show or not.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,176)