cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopika_G
Frequent Visitor

FetchXML not working to show edit option for particular record

Hii,

I need to show edit option in the list only for the record with particular stage(Datatype-choice).I used the following fetchXML

<fetch version="1.0″ output-format="xml-platform" mapping="logical" distinct="false">
<entity name="crbcd_ma_requestdetails">
<filter type="and">
<condition attribute="crbcd_requeststage″ operator=”eq” value=”16” />
</filter>
</entity>
</fetch>

But the edit option is available to all records. Do I need to do any other configuration apart from adding fetchXML in filter criteria? and also when I click advanced find It says no tables in portal management is that also a reason?

gopika_G_0-1669618047941.png

Waiting for your response. Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I am assuming "crbcd_ma_requestdetails" is the entity used for the List, and that after making any updates you have Synced/Cleared the Portal Cache.

Verify the query is valid by trying it in XrmToolBox fetchxml tester or builder.

Try just putting the <filter> block in (List does not usually need the full FetchXML, whereas Subgrids do need the full FetchXML)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I have an article on that topic that might help. See if the steps you followed are the same: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2020/04/26/power-apps-portals-entity-list-conditional-action/

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @OliverRodrigues ,

Thanks for the reply I have followed the same steps, but still, I have edit option for all records.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I am assuming "crbcd_ma_requestdetails" is the entity used for the List, and that after making any updates you have Synced/Cleared the Portal Cache.

Verify the query is valid by trying it in XrmToolBox fetchxml tester or builder.

Try just putting the <filter> block in (List does not usually need the full FetchXML, whereas Subgrids do need the full FetchXML)

Thank you @Fubar 

The problem is with the code, I checked the fetchXML in https://www.ashishvishwakarma.com/FetchXmlTester/

and made changes now it's working fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (2,774)