cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dnl_mlstn
Frequent Visitor

Page Editor does not load

Hi,

I created a 30 day trial environment two days ago, set up a site without any issues, and made some small modifications to the blank page template (only visual, no forms or anything).

Now when I went to continue working on it, the editor just does not load anymore (the Pages tab). Styling and Data tabs work just fine. I have not changed my own permission settings or anything, and I have the admin user role since the beginning.

The only thing that I changed in the meantime is adding two users to the trial environment.

dnl_mlstn_0-1669195248838.png

I am able to create new pages but none of them load in the editor.

The preview shows the following:

dnl_mlstn_1-1669195331147.png(the ID i removed myself)

Is this a configuration issue on my side or some sort of service degradation from Microsoft? Any suggestions or info would be appreciated!

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi can you please disable custom errors page so we can see what's the real exception behind it?

Power Apps Portals Tip #77 - Dealing With the White Screen of Death - Engineered Code - YouTube

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi Oliver,

I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error. I tried to look this up but the only thread I could find on this, the solution was about changing something on the existing page (like a form). I am not sure why I get this error since all I have is literally just a blank Power Pages template. No content has been added whatsoever, and as I said the editor loaded just fine three days ago.

See details of the error below:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Services.<>c__DisplayClass27_0.<Execute>b__0(IOrganizationService s) in S:\Framework\Microsoft.Xrm.Client\Services\OrganizationService.cs:323
   Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Services.InnerOrganizationService.UsingService(Func`2 action) in S:\Framework\Microsoft.Xrm.Client\Services\OrganizationService.cs:436
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.CachedOrganizationService.InnerExecute(OrganizationRequest request) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\CachedOrganizationService.cs:424
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.OrganizationServiceCache.InnerExecute(TRequest query, Func`2 execute, Func`2 selector) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceCache.cs:653
   Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Caching.<>c__DisplayClass5_0`1.<Get>b__1(String key) in S:\Framework\Microsoft.Xrm.Client\Caching\ObjectCacheProvider.cs:110
   Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass6_0`1.<Get>b__0() in S:\Framework\Microsoft.Xrm.Client\Threading\LockProvider.cs:54
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Threading.MonitorLockProvider.Lock(String key, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Action action) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Threading\MonitorLockProvider.cs:23
   Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Threading.LockProvider.Get(String key, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, Func`2 loadFromCache, Func`2 loadFromService) in S:\Framework\Microsoft.Xrm.Client\Threading\LockProvider.cs:48
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.OrganizationServiceCache.GetCachedResult(TRequest query, Func`2 execute, Func`2 selector, String cacheKey, Boolean isAuditableQuery, Int32& cacheMissedMetricValue, Boolean applyVirtualEntityFilter) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceCache.cs:0
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.OrganizationServiceCache.LookupAndInsert(TRequest query, Func`2 execute, Func`2 selector, String selectorCacheKey, Boolean allowStaleData, Boolean isAuditableQuery) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceCache.cs:383
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.OrganizationServiceCache.InnerExecute(TRequest request, Func`2 execute, Func`2 selector, String selectorCacheKey) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceCache.cs:323
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.ContentMapOrganizationServiceCache.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, Func`2 execute, Func`2 selector, String selectorCacheKey) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\ContentMapOrganizationServiceCache.cs:36
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.PortalBusOrganizationServiceCache.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, Func`2 execute, Func`2 selector, String selectorCacheKey) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\PortalBusOrganizationServiceCache.cs:44
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.CachedOrganizationService.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, Func`2 selector, String selectorCacheKey) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\CachedOrganizationService.cs:367
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.CachedOrganizationService.Execute(OrganizationRequest request) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\CachedOrganizationService.cs:358
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.<>c__DisplayClass26_0.<Execute>b__0() in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\CrmOnlineOrganizationService.cs:245
   Microsoft.Practices.TransientFaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction(Func`1 func) +466
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.OrganizationServiceExtensions.FetchPage(IOrganizationService service, Fetch query, RequestFlag flag, Nullable`1 expiration, String memberName, String sourceFilePath, Int32 sourceLineNumber) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceExtensions.cs:541
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<RetrieveMultiple>b__0(Fetch query) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceExtensions.cs:361
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.<FetchPages>d__14.MoveNext() in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceExtensions.cs:499
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +453
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +69
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Services.OrganizationServiceExtensions.RetrieveMultiple(IOrganizationService service, Fetch fetch, RequestFlag flag, Nullable`1 expiration, String memberName, String sourceFilePath, Int32 sourceLineNumber) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Services\OrganizationServiceExtensions.cs:0
   Adxstudio.Xrm.PortalSolutions.PortalSolutions.FetchSolutions(IOrganizationService organizationService) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\PortalSolutions\PortalSolutions.cs:100
   Adxstudio.Xrm.PortalSolutions.PortalSolutions..ctor(CrmDbContext context) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\PortalSolutions\PortalSolutions.cs:44
   Adxstudio.Xrm.AspNet.Cms.Extensions.ConfigurePortalSolutionsDetails(IAppBuilder app, CrmDbContext context) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\AspNet\Cms\Extensions.cs:764
   Site.Startup.ConfigurePortal(IAppBuilder app) in S:\Samples\MasterPortal\App_Start\Startup.cs:105
   Site.Startup.Configuration(IAppBuilder app) in S:\Samples\MasterPortal\App_Start\Startup.cs:36

[Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Adxstudio.Xrm.Web.Routing.SiteMarkerRoute.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) in S:\Framework\Adxstudio.Xrm\Web\Routing\SiteMarkerRoute.cs:143
   System.Web.Routing.RouteCollection.GetRouteData(HttpContextBase httpContext) +270
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +68
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +223
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +220
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +94

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,409)