Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlwynSchutte
Helper I
Helper I

Power Apps Portal- form and file upload

Good day

I am totally new to portal apps but have managed to create a basic form linked to a dataverse table and it works fine. I now have a design requirement for file upload functionality using a third party outside of microsoft. I set up a new page with the file upload buttons needed in html. 

My question is this- once the file is uploaded and submitted to the server it must return a URL. I want to use this URL to populate a field on the form( which is on another page)- can this be done or must the file upload and the form be on the same page?

When I put the file upload on the same page as the form and hit the submit button it does not want to populate the third party action URL in the browser.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Alwyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlwynSchutte
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks your info solved my problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eugenevanstaden
Resolver III
Resolver III

@AlwynSchutte 

You are trying to upload a file via Javascript to a 3rd party service? This is doable. The way I do it on a few portal is that I upload the document to the 3rd party via a custom API. The API handles the linking of the document location to the record in dataverse. 

Sample of upload control that is embedded in the form which uploads the file via a custom API. To make it secure we use the Implicit Grant flow feature that is available in portal - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/portals/oauth-implicit-grant-flow

eugenevanstaden_0-1663709089014.png

You can also upload the file with Javascript via a HTTP Flow.

eugenevanstaden_1-1663709255621.png

AlwynSchutte
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks your info solved my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Users online (3,187)