cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barrypyle
Frequent Visitor

View changes to a record made by a cloud flow

I have a canvas app with an edit form to modify an existing record. There is a cloud flow that runs when the record is saved, which updates the record (in some circumstances).

The problem is that I can't see the changes made by the flow immediately because it takes several seconds to run the flow in the background. So I have tried navigating to another screen (when the form is submitted), which has a 10 second timer (the flow is usually completed in about 4 seconds). After the timer has run it then navigates back to the detail form. Still no updates are showing even though I know the record has been changed.

I am assuming this is because the cache has not been refreshed for this record.

Is there a way that I can see the changes the flow has made to the record without going back to the gallery view?

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @barrypyle,

This looks like a Power Apps related question instead of Power Pages. I would suggest to post this in the Power Apps community. There are definitely some people out there who can help you out with this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Community/ct-p/PowerApps1

Happy to help out! 🙂

Interested in more #PowerAutomate #SharePointOnline or #PowerVirtualAgents content?
Visit my blog, Subscribe to my YouTube channel or Follow me on Twitter

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

As per other post, the DataVerse or Building powerapps forum would be the more appropriate place to log this one.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-Apps/ct-p/PA_General

Flow for DataVerese is not synchronous (i.e. real-time), do not rely on 10 seconds etc it can actually take several minutes for a Flow to start.  If something needs to be done immediately you need to look at using a real-time Workflow (not Flow) or a synchronous Plugin, or if there is a way to in your scenario to hook up a HTTP triggered Flow (HTTP trigger is synchronous). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,946)