cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sal
Level: Powered On

Generate a form in PowerApps from SharePoint list data

Hi,

We want to design a form in PowerApps that can read Data (Form Labels) from SharePoint list and save data to another SharePoint list with some additional fields. In the SharePoint list we have:

Function;Category;Sub-Category;Skills Columns

Number of repeating items in the above list, saving to another list as repeating items is also fine as long as we can filter that data to use.

We want to generate a form in a way where you can select a Function and it display Function related Category, Sub-Category and Skills and let the user associate value with the Skills and save the form in another list.

Currently in Gallery Control we can get the values from SharePoint list filter by Function but not able to associate input control with Skills to assign the value to them and save them to another list. We want to save the data in a way in second list that we can read and compare with another list that have Function,Cat, Sub-Cat, Skills, SkillValue.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sal

Re: Generate a form in PowerApps from SharePoint list data

Just answering my own quesiton. I'm able to use Gallery Control instead of the Form Control and used Patch function to create\update\delete items in the SharePoint list.

1 REPLY 1
Sal

Re: Generate a form in PowerApps from SharePoint list data

Just answering my own quesiton. I'm able to use Gallery Control instead of the Form Control and used Patch function to create\update\delete items in the SharePoint list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 80 members 4,566 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: